Oh, man! Do you remember how particular the WI were the last time we did a Victoria sponge?
老兄你还记得妇女协会在我们最后一次做海绵蛋糕时有多一丝不苟吗?
They even weighed their eggs!
他们甚至称了鸡蛋的重量
I am personally still emotionally scarred.
我的心灵创伤现在还没恢复
Do you weigh your eggs?
你也称鸡蛋吗
I'm afraid I do. Dude, we're off.
是的。老兄,走吧。
But only because Great-Grandma did, because the chickens didn't lay standard sized eggs,
因为我的曾曾祖母就是这么做的,因为那时候母鸡不会下标准的蛋
and whatever they weigh, you have the same weight in fat, sugar and flour.
无论什么食材,不论是黄油,糖还是面粉,都要称的重量一样
Heather puts the butter and sugar into her mixer to be creamed.
海瑟薇将黄油和糖放进搅拌器搅拌成奶油
When it's ready, the mixture changes to a white-ish colour.
准备好后,变成了乳白色。
Ah, look, it's going!
开始了!
It's going white.
变成白色了
Now, what I do next... Yes. What?
接下来做什么?是,什么?
Sorry.
抱歉
...is just finish it off by hand.
要用手搅拌
Why? Because... Yeah?
为什么?
My grandmother used to say...
因为我祖母说过
you have to put the soul and the spirit in the cake now,
你要用心做蛋糕
and you can't do that with a machine, you have to bake it by hand. A bit of love.
不能用机器要用手,用爱
All that remains is for Heather to add the flour and separate the mixture into two greased baking tins.
接下来海瑟薇要加入面粉,并且将面糊分别装进两个抹好油的烤模内
Who says baking's complicated?
谁说烘焙很难的
OK, so now, they go into the oven
现在放进烤箱
Now, she said in her recipe book "a moderate oven", because she didn't have a thermostat.
食谱里说烤箱用中温,因为当时没有温度调节器
Moderate is about 180 degrees centigrade.
大概180度
And we time it...first of all, 25 minutes, then just look through the glass and see how it's doing.
时间首先定为25分钟,然后透过玻璃看里面怎么样
For her next dish, Heather is cooking great finger food,
下一道菜,海瑟薇要做手拿小点心
courgette fritters with a spicy twist.
辣味炸馅饼