In the little top, Gerard is discovering the range of supper dishes mums have brought along.
在帐篷里,杰拉德发现简单晚餐的不同种类
It really is an eclectic mix.
目不暇接
Now, Judith, you've got some recipes you've brought with you
朱迪,你带了菜谱是吗
not from your mum but from your dad,who I gather was the policeman in Burnley where you grew up.
这个菜谱来自于我的爸爸而非妈妈,我听说你爸爸是伯恩利的警察,你在那里长大是吗
He used to make fruitcakes and sponge cakes,
我们以前做水果和海绵蛋糕
and a special one with coconut rice—I still haven't got the recipe for that,
还有加椰蓉的特殊口味,我现在没有食谱
so it's gone with him to the grave.
它和我的父亲一同安息了
But you've got a few with you?
你有一些其他的食谱是吗?
I've brought an old book—he'd written down some of his mother's recipes.
我有本古书,他写下的他母亲的食谱
Tell us about this.
可以告诉我吗
You call it a sad cake. Yes.
你把它称作悲伤蛋糕?
It's a shortcrust pastry. Yeah.
这是一种酥皮糕点
It's what's left over from when you've made a pie or something,
是做派剩下的
just the bits that you've got left.
用剩的食材
Lots of currants and sugar.
很多黑醋栗还有糖
Yeah, and butter.
是,还有黄油
The trick is to get it sticky on top. So you've to make holes in it
秘诀在于上面有黏性,所以要打洞
and then turn it over and then turn it back again. So all that lovely juice caramelises...
翻转,再反过来。水果的汁液就变成焦糖
On the top, yeah.
黏在上面,是的。
..and makes it really sticky.
变得很有黏性
Fabulous.
太棒了
Sad cake is a classic East Lancashire dish,
悲伤蛋糕是经典的东兰开夏郡的美食
often eaten down the pit as a suppertime treat.
常被作为晚餐甜点
Kind of like a Northern take on the Cornish pasty.
有点像英国北部的康瓦尔馅饼
What a lovely, traditional English tart. Thank you very much.
很棒的英国传统果馅饼,谢谢!
A Bakewell tart. James,this is what you've made.
这是贝克威尔挞。詹姆斯这是你做的。
But it's not your recipe, is it? No,
食谱不是你的是吗。是的,不是。
this is one of my wife's mother's recipes.
是我岳母的食谱
Yeah. And Carol's mother was an intuitive baker
她按照直觉烘焙
and she would make things without weighing ingredients. If you look at the origins of Bakewell Tart—it's Bakewell Pudding now
她不会称重,如果你来到贝克威尔寻找这道菜的起源,现在是贝克威尔布丁
there's a competition between the two shops as to who originated the pudding.
两家店会争论谁是最初的
I just like eating the end result.
不过我只对吃布丁感兴趣
Back at the mums' tent, our mums are getting stuck in to preparing their banquet supper dishes
回到妈妈们的帐篷,她们准备晚餐时陷入了小麻烦