This reality is much more than what we see around us in our everyday life.
这种现实的范围 比如日常生活中周遭所见还要广大
A vast array of ground and space telescopes have extended our senses.
各式各样的地面与太空望远镜 拓展了我们的感官
Allowing us to see deep into space
让我们探望遥远的太空
And build a much bigger model than ever before.
并建造前所未有的更大的模型
As we peer further and further into the cosmos
当我们更进一步探望宇宙时
our reality has grown bigger and bigger stil
我们认知中的现实世界拓展得愈来愈大
where once we saw a chink in heaven's flow
人类曾经以为是天堂地面裂缝的东西
We now see distant stars like our sun.
我们现在知道那是遥远的恒星 就和太阳一样
Many with their own planets and moons.
很多都有自己的行星与卫星
Then we discovered distant galaxies,
后来我们发现遥远的星系
home to billions more stars.
那里又有超过数十亿颗其它恒星
We have peered back in time.
我们回顾过去
All the way to the birth of the universe itself.
一直到宇宙自身的起源
All this,the entire 13.7 billion year history of the universe
这一切 这整段137亿年的宇宙历史
exists as a model inside our minds.
都存在于我们心中的模型