手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:内心的喧哗

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • The day I left home for the first time to go to university was a bright day brimming with hope and optimism.
  • 我第一次离家到大学念书的那天 感觉棒呆了,日子充满希望
  • I'd done well at school. Expectations for me were high,
  • 我学业表现不错,大家对我期望颇高
  • and I gleefully entered the student life of lectures, parties and traffic cone theft.
  • 我也满怀期待地投入大学生活,上课、参加派对, 喝醉了偷交通路标.
  • Now appearances, of course, can be deceptive,
  • 当然, 事情不能只看表面
  • and to an extent, this feisty, energetic persona of lecture-going and traffic cone stealing was a veneer,
  • 就某种程度而言,上课和偷交通路标这些活跃又不服输的印象只是伪装
  • albeit a very well-crafted and convincing one.
  • 但掩饰得很好,足以瞒过任何人
  • Underneath, I was actually deeply unhappy, insecure and fundamentally frightened
  • 只是我内心其实不快乐而且不安,骨子里很害怕……
  • frightened of other people, of the future, of failure and of the emptiness that I felt was within me.
  • 怕其他人、未来,怕失败,还有内心的空虚感
  • But I was skilled at hiding it,
  • 但我隐藏得很好!
  • and from the outside appeared to be someone with everything to hope for and aspire to.
  • 外表看来就像是对一切都充满期待与抱负
  • This fantasy of invulnerability was so complete that I even deceived myself,
  • 甚么都不怕的想法是如此彻底,连我自己都信以为真
  • and as the first semester ended and the second began,
  • 所以念完一学期;而新学期开始的时候
  • there was no way that anyone could have predicted what was just about to happen.
  • 根本没人能预料将要发生的事
  • I was leaving a seminar when it started,
  • 当时已开始上课而我正要逃学
  • humming to myself, fumbling with my bag just as I'd done a hundred times before,
  • 我边哼歌边收拾东西,动作一如往常熟练
  • when suddenly I heard a voice calmly observe, "She is leaving the room."
  • 这时传来一个冷眼旁观的声音:"她要走了"
  • I looked around, and there was no one there,
  • 我四下张望,但根本没人
  • but the clarity and decisiveness of the comment was unmistakable.
  • 那声音听来果断清晰,不可能是我听错
  • Shaken, I left my books on the stairs and hurried home, and there it was again.
  • 我太震惊了,连忘在阶梯上的书都没拿就冲回家,但那声音又来了!
  • "She is opening the door."
  • "她正要开门"
  • This was the beginning. The voice had arrived.
  • 就是这样开始的。这个声音在我耳边响起
  • And the voice persisted, days and then weeks of it, on and on, narrating everything I did in the third person.
  • 并且持续不断,每天每星期地重复 以旁观者的语气叙述我作的事
  • "She is going to the library."
  • "她要上图馆了"
  • "She is going to a lecture."
  • "她要去上课了"
  • It was neutral, impassive and even, after a while, strangely companionate and reassuring,
  • 这声音起初毫无感情,但一段时间后却令人莫名熟悉与安慰
  • although I did notice that its calm exterior sometimes slipped and that it occasionally mirrored my own unexpressed emotion.
  • 但我的确发现,这表面平静的语调有时也会不经意地泄漏我隐藏的情绪
  • So, for example, if I was angry and had to hide it which I often did,
  • 就拿我常需要压抑愤怒这事来说吧!
  • being very adept at concealing how I really felt,
  • 隐藏情绪这事我很在行的
  • then the voice would sound frustrated.
  • 不过那声音就会因此听起来很气馁
  • Otherwise, it was neither sinister nor disturbing,
  • 但其他时候,听来还不致令人不安
  • although even at that point it was clear that it had something to communicate to me
  • 尽管这声音当时很明显地有事要对我说
  • about my emotions, particularly emotions which were remote and inaccessible.
  • 尤其是我的情绪始终深藏不露的这件事
  • Now it was then that I made a fatal mistake,
  • 就在那时我犯了一个大错
  • in that I told a friend about the voice, and she was horrified.
  • 我把听到声音的说给一位朋友听,她吓坏了!
  • A subtle conditioning process had begun,
  • 她开始不着痕迹地导正我
  • the implication that normal people don't hear voices
  • 暗示幻听不是正常现象
  • and the fact that I did meant that something was very seriously wrong.
  • 而且我自己也觉得很不对劲
  • Such fear and mistrust was infectious.
  • 这样的恐惧和疑虑是会传染的
  • Suddenly the voice didn't seem quite so benign anymore,
  • 忽然那声音听来不再那么友善
  • and when she insisted that I seek medical attention I,
  • 当她坚持我必须去看医生
  • duly complied, and which proved to be mistake number two.
  • 我顺从地照做,但事后证明又错了!
  • I spent some time telling the college G.P. about what I perceived to be the real problem:
  • 之后我找校医谈,说出我担忧的问题
  • anxiety, low self-worth, fears about the future,
  • 像是焦虑、没自信和对未来恐惧
  • and was met with bored indifference until I mentioned the voice,
  • 但对方没什么兴趣,也不在乎,但当我一提到,听见有人说话这件事
  • upon which he dropped his pen, swung round and began to question me with a show of real interest.
  • 他立刻放下手中的笔,转过头来开始很关心地问了一些问题
  • And to be fair, I was desperate for interest and help,
  • 平心而论,我当时非常渴望关切和帮助
  • and I began to tell him about my strange commentator.
  • 所以我就把有一位"评论员"的事说出来了
  • And I always wish, at this point, the voice had said, "She is digging her own grave."
  • 我深信当时那声音会说:"她在自掘坟墓"


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

像多数的大学生一样,埃莉諾·朗登去上课时脚步轻快,毫无牵挂;直到她开始听到那些声音。起初情况没甚么大不了,但这些声音却越来越叛逆跋扈,让她的生活陷入噩梦中。曾确诊为精神分裂症患者,经过药物治疗最后却为束手无策的体系所遗弃,埃莉諾诉说自己如何历经多年努力者挽回心理健康,以经验证明,学习倾听内在的声音让她撑了过来。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
neutral ['nju:trəl]

想一想再看

adj. 中立的,中性的
n. 中立者,空挡的

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
emptiness ['emptinis]

想一想再看

n. 空虚,空白

联想记忆
occasionally [ə'keiʒənəli]

想一想再看

adv. 偶尔地

 
benign [bi'nain]

想一想再看

adj. 仁慈的,温和的,良性的

联想记忆
extent [iks'tent]

想一想再看

n. 广度,宽度,长度,大小,范围,范围,程度

联想记忆
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受惊的,受恐吓的

 
insecure [,insi'kujə]

想一想再看

adj. 不安全的;不稳定的;不牢靠的

联想记忆
mistrust [mis'trʌst]

想一想再看

n. 不信任,疑惑 v. 不信任,疑惑

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。