For all we know,every one of our perceived reality is simply fed to us
说不定我们每个人认知中的现实情况
By some all-powerful supercomputer.
只是某个万能的超级电脑灌输给我们的
And the simulation is so perfect that we never even notice.
这种模拟太完美了 完美到我们从未注意过
But here's the cracks: It doesn't actually matter.
但关键来了 这其实并不重要
It's as Descartes said: We think,therefore we are.
正如笛卡尔所说的 我思故我在
The hamburger could be nothing more than a piece of computer code.
汉堡可能不过就是一个电脑编码
But our desire to eat it,is still our own desire.
但我们想吃汉堡的欲望 仍然是我们本身的欲望
We still feel hunger...
我们仍会感到饥饿
Our minds still exist,even if we are in a simulation.
我们的心灵依然存在 即使我们真的活在模拟状态中
So doubting the true nature of reality serves no purpose.
所以怀疑现实的真正本质并没有任何意义
It's simpler to just accept
直接接受这个想法简单多了
that there are fundamental limits to what we can known.
毕竟人所能理解的事在本质上是有限的
Take this table,for example.
以这张桌子为例
How do you know if a table still exists if you go out of the room
若你走出房间 你怎知这张桌子是否仍在?
And can no longer see it?
你已经看不到它了
For all you know,the table could pack up and disappear out the window.
说不定 桌子可能自行折叠起来 从窗户跑出去