手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之游戏的力量:电子游戏中的大脑(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Now in a sense, when we think about the effect of video games on the brain,
  • 从某种意义上来说,我们可以认为电子游戏对于大脑的影响
  • it's very similar to the effect of wine on the health.
  • 和酒对于健康的影响很相似。
  • There are some very poor uses of wine.
  • 喝酒可能会造成很糟糕的结果,
  • There are some very poor uses of video games.
  • 玩电子游戏也是。
  • But when consumed in reasonable doses, and at the right age,
  • 但是如果在年龄合适的时候适当地喝一些,
  • wine can be very good for health.
  • 酒可以很有利于健康。
  • There are actually specific molecules that have been identified in red wine as leading to greater life expectancy.
  • 实际上,红酒已经被鉴定出含有能让人延年益寿的分子。
  • So it's the same way, like those action video games have a number of ingredients that
  • 同样的,动作电子游戏里也有能对大脑的可塑性,
  • are actually really powerful for brain plasticity, learning, attention, vision, etc.
  • 学习,注意力,视力等方方面面有非常有力影响的成分。
  • and so we need and we're working on understanding what are those active ingredients
  • 所以我们现在需要做也正在做的就是了解这些积极的成分,
  • so that we can really then leverage them to deliver better games,
  • 然后为了教育或病人的复原
  • either for education or for rehabilitation of patients.
  • 真正地利用它们开发出更好的游戏。
  • Now because we are interested in having an impact for education or rehabilitation of patients,
  • 既然我们关注的是对于教育和病人复原造成影响,
  • we are actually not that interested in
  • 我们并不太关心那些
  • how those of you that choose to play video games for many hours on end perform.
  • 连续玩很多个小时电子游戏的人的表现。
  • I'm much more interested in taking any of you
  • 我更感兴趣的是从你们中随便选一个人
  • and showing that by forcing you to play an action game,
  • 然后证明强迫你玩动作游戏
  • I can actually change your vision for the better,
  • 能提高你的视力,
  • whether you want to play that action game or not, right?
  • 不管你到底想不想玩动作游戏。
  • That's the point of rehabilitation or education.
  • 这也是医疗康复和教育的重点。
  • Most of the kids don't go to school saying,
  • 大多数孩子不会上学的时候说
  • "Great, two hours of math!"
  • "太棒了!能上两个小时的数学课!"
  • So that's really the crux of the research, and to do that, we need to go one more step.
  • 这也是做研究的难题,为了解决它,我们要往前再进一步。
  • And one more step is to do training studies.
  • 而这往前的一步就是训练研究。
  • So let me illustrate that step with a task which is called mental rotation.
  • 让我通过一个叫做“心智旋转”的任务告诉大家这一步到底是什么。
  • Mental rotation is a task where I'm going to ask you,
  • 心智旋转是一个要你们观察这个形状的任务,
  • and again you're going to do the task, to look at this shape.
  • 这一次也需要大家都参与进来,
  • Study it, it's a target shape,
  • 看着它,这是我们的目标形状。
  • and I'm going to present to you four different shapes.
  • 现在我给你们看四个不同的形状。
  • One of these four different shapes is actually a rotated version of this shape.
  • 这四个中的一个是由这个形状旋转得到的。
  • I want you to tell me which one:
  • 我希望你们能告诉我是哪一个。
  • the first one, second one, third one or fourth one?
  • 第一个,第二个,第三个还是第四个?
  • Okay, I'll help you. Fourth one.
  • 好吧,这次我先公布答案,是第四个。
  • One more. Get those brains working. Come on.
  • 再来一次。让你们的脑子动起来。
  • That's our target shape.
  • 这个是我们的目标形状。
  • Third. Good! This is hard, right?
  • 第三个。很好!这有点难是吗?
  • Like, the reason that I asked you to do that is because you really feel your brain cringing, right?
  • 我让大家做这个小游戏,就是因为它能让你们感到头脑在打结。
  • It doesn't really feel like playing mindless action video games.
  • 这和玩不需要动脑子的动作电子游戏感觉不太一样。
  • Well, what we do in these training studies is, people come to the lab,
  • 我们在训练研究中做的就是让来实验室的人
  • they do tasks like this one,
  • 完成和这个任务类似的任务,
  • we then force them to play 10 hours of action games.
  • 然后我们强迫他们玩十个小时的动作游戏。
  • They don't play 10 hours of action games in a row.
  • 不是连续玩十个小时而是分散地玩,
  • They do distributed practice, so little shots of 40 minutes several days over a period of two weeks.
  • 比如说在两周内的几天里每天花上40分钟。
  • Then, once they are done with the training,
  • 然后等他们完成了训练,
  • they come back a few days later and they are tested again on a similar type of mental rotation task.
  • 几天后再到实验室,并被测试相似类型的心智旋转任务的完成情况。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介

快节奏的电子游戏如何影响大脑? 和研究认知的达芙妮 芭菲莉亚一起走进实验室,听听关于电子游戏,甚至是动作射击游戏的惊人发现。它们可以帮助我们学习,集中注意力,以及不可思议地,帮助我们多任务处理。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
row [rəu,rau]

想一想再看

n. 排,船游,吵闹
vt. 划船,成排

 
illustrate ['iləstreit]

想一想再看

v. 举例说明,(为书)作插图,图解

联想记忆
rehabilitation [.ri:hə.bili'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 复原

 
plasticity [plæs'tisiti]

想一想再看

n. 可塑性,适应性

联想记忆
reasonable ['ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的

 
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆
rotation [rəu'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 旋转,循环

联想记忆
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
mindless ['maindlis]

想一想再看

adj. 不小心的,不留神的,不顾虑的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。