The death of Joanne Rowling's mother was to have a profound effect on her writing.
乔安妮·罗琳母亲的去世对她的写作产生了深远影响。
In many ways, the whole of Harry Potter is one giant attempt to reclaim a childhood.
从许多方面来说,哈利·波特整个系列就是一次试图重述童年的尝试。
"You think the dead we have loved ever truly leave us?
“你觉得我们所爱的逝者真的离开我们了吗?”
You think that we don't recall them more clearly then ever in times of great trouble?"
“你觉得困厄之时我们对他们的想念不会愈发清晰吗?”
I'd been writing for six months before she died.
在她辞世前,我已经写作了六个月。
The weird thing is the essential plot didn't change after my mother died.
奇怪的是,关键情节在我母亲去世后没有改动。
But everything deepened and darkened.
但一切都深重而黯淡了起来。
Harry was always going to lose his parents.
哈利一直在失去他的亲人。
And it was always going to be a quest, really to avenge them, but to avenge everyone against this creature this being who believes that he can make himself immortal by killing other people.
故事总会走向一种追寻,去为他们复仇,去为对抗魔头的每个人复仇,那个魔头相信通过杀人而能成就自己的永生。
So that's something I created before she died but, yes, it seeped into every part of the books.
这就是在她去世之前我的构思,是的,这种想法渗透到了书中的每个部分。
I think, in retrospect, now I've finished, I see just how much it informed everything.
现在我已经写完了,回想起来我看到这个想法预设了一切。
Was she the first person you saw dead? No.
她是第一个你眼见去世的人吗?不是。
Because I didn't see her dead.
因为我没有看着她去世。
Which was in difference to my father's wishes.
这有违我父亲的意愿。
I wanted to see her and he didn't want me to see her and I, mistakenly, as I look back I agreed not too.
我想见她最后一面,但他不想让我去,现在想来当时是错的,我当时没有去。
And I really, deeply regret that. I really, really, really wish I'd seen her.
我真的太后悔当时没去了。我真的真的希望见她最后一面。
It didn't matter what she looked like. I would have make it easier.
不管她当时看上去怎么样,我现在都会好过一点。
Because I do believe that the truth which is another theme in the books and certainly stems from my own past.
因为我相信真相。这也是书中的另外一个主题,当然也根植于我的过去。
I think that the truth is always easier than a lie or an evasion.
我相信真相总是比谎言和逃避来得更容易。
Easier to deal with. And easier to live with.
真相更容易应对。真相更容易让我接受。