1、involve
需要;包含
Running a kitchen involves a great deal of discipline and speed.
料理好厨房需要把一切都安排得规规矩矩,且要讲求速度。
Nicky's job as a public relations director involves spending quite a lot of time with other people.
尼基作为公共关系主管,需要花很多时间与别人打交道。
牵涉;涉及
If there was a cover-up, it involved people at the very highest levels of government.
如果有人想要隐瞒实情,那其中就涉及政府部门最高层的人物。
a riot involving a hundred inmates.
有100 名囚犯参与的暴动
使参与;使介入
Noel and I do everything together, he involves me in everything.
我和诺埃尔什么事情都一起做,他让我参与所有的事。
Before too long he started involving me in the more confidential aspects of the job.
不久,他便开始让我介入工作中更机密的方面。
2、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。
(尤指把某人从其长期居住处)撵走,赶出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house...
当然不会有人建议把他从房子里赶出去。
They were turned out of the hotel
他们被赶出了旅馆。