Flute Serenade, Movement 2
贝多芬长笛奏鸣曲第二乐章
Dear Uncle, Do you wonder where Mr. Beethoven goes in the afternoons?
亲爱的叔叔,你猜中午贝多芬先生去了哪里?
Well, now I know and I will tell you the story. I'll start at the beginning.
嗯,我知道,我来告诉你这个故事吧。我从故事的开头说起。
Mother sometimes says that instead of just staying on the front steps, it would be nice if I'd spend some time inside.
妈妈有时候说不要总是待在门前的台阶,有时候去外面会好点。
I used to believe she meant it until this morning.
直到这天早上,我才明白她的意思。
I thought of something to play with the twins.
那天,我在和双胞胎玩。
I rolled up a bit of cardboard like an ear trumpet.
我把纸板卷起来,就像是一个号角形状的助听器。
I put one end in little Teresa's ear.
把它放在小Teresa的耳边。
I said GOOD MORNING BABY very loud and she started to scream.
我大声说“早上好,宝宝。”她就开始哭闹起来。
Mother said it hurt her.
妈妈说这样弄伤了她。
So I went outside again and sat in my usual place on the step.
所以我又跑了出去,像往常那样坐在台阶上。
Then, Mr. Schindler came downstairs.
之后,Schindler先生走下楼。
He said to me, "The master needs new pencils" and off I went to the shop.
他对我说:“主人需要新铅笔”,然后我去了铺子。
When I came back, he was gone.
当我回来的时候,他已经走了。
No one was upstairs but Mr. Beethoven and he was writing at his desk.
只有贝多芬先生在楼上,他伏在桌子上写东西。
I stamped my feet on the floor to get his attention and when he didn't notice, I stamped harder until at last I was stamping as hard as I could.
我砰砰地跺脚,来引起他的注意。当时他没有注意到我,于是我用尽力气使劲地跺着脚。
And then suddenly he turned around and saw me.
突然,他转过头来,看见了我。
He looked surprised to see me, then he started to laugh.
他先是很吃惊,之后就大笑起来。
He said, "Why, it's the little gatekeeper."
说:“为什么是小小守门人。”
When he laughs he sounds like a lion.
他笑起来的声音像一头狮子。
So he took me with him on his walk.
他带着我一起去散步。
We walked outside Vienna and into the tall woods, and then past the woods and into the fields.
我们走到维也纳外面,走进密密的丛林,穿过丛林,来到田间。
We stopped by a little brook.
我们在小溪边停下。