Dear God, Now that I am no longer young, I have friends whose mothers have passed away.
亲爱的上帝:如今我不再年轻,一些朋友的母亲已经去世。
I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers until it was too late to tell them.
我曾听这些子女说过,他们从没有向母亲充分表达过他们的感激之情,而待到要告诉时为时已晚。
I am blessed with the dear mother who is still alive.
幸运的是,我亲爱的母亲依然健在。
I appreciate her more each day.
我对她的感情与日俱增。
My mother does not change, but I do.
母亲没有变,而我却变了。
As I grow older and wiser, I realize what an extraordinary person she is.
随着年岁的增长,我越来越懂事了,我意识到她是多么了不起的人。
How sad that I am unable to speak these words in her presence, but they flow easily from my pen.
这些话在她面前我难以启齿,但在笔下却可以轻易地写出来,这令我感到多么难过。
How does a daughter begin to thank her mother for life itself?
一个女儿该怎样开口感谢她的母亲所给予的生命?
For the love, patience and just plain hard work that go into raising a child?
感谢她在抚养孩子时所付出的爱、耐心以及无私的辛勤劳动?
For running after a toddler, for understanding a moody teenager, for tolerating a college student who knows everything?
感谢她跟在蹒跚学步的孩子身后奔跑,对喜怒无常的少女的理解,以及对一个自以为是的大学生的宽容?
For waiting for the day when a daughter realizes her mother really is?
感谢她等待女儿认识到她真是一位好母亲的一天?
How does a grown woman thank for a mother for continuing to be a mother?
一个成年女子该怎样感谢母亲依然如故的角色?
For being ready with advice (when asked) or remaining silent when it is most appreciated?
感谢在被问到时她会及时提供良言,而在不需要时她会保持沉默?
For not saying “I told you so”, when she could have uttered these words dozens of times?
感谢她没有说“我告诉过你”,而她本来可以说上许多次?
For being essentially herself—loving, thoughtful, patient, and forgiving?
感谢她始终不变的爱心、体贴周到、耐心与宽容?
I don’t know how, dear God, except to bless her as richly as she deserves and to help me live up to the example she has set.
我不知道该怎样来表达,亲爱的上帝,除了请求你好好地保佑她——那是她该得到的——并帮助我朝她做出的榜样看齐。
I pray that I will look as good in the eyes of my children as my mother looks in mine.
我祈祷,在孩子的眼里我会如同母亲在我眼里一般好。
A daughter
一位女儿