Chapter 1
第一章
He's Just Not That Into You If He's Not Asking You Out.
如果他不约你出去,那他其实并没有那么喜欢你。
Because If He Likes You, Trust Me, He Will Ask You Out.
因为如果他喜欢你,相信我,他会约你出去的。
Many women have said to me, “Greg, men run the world.” Wow. That makes us sound pretty capable.
许多女士对我说,“格雷格,男人主宰世界。”哇。这让我们听起来非常有能力。
So tell me, why would you think we could be incapable of something as simple as picking up the phone and asking you out?
所以告诉我,为什么你会认为我们无法这样简单的拿起电话,把你约出去?
You seem to think at times that we're “too shy” or we “just got out of something.”
你有时似乎认为我们太害羞或者我们刚解决完什么事情。
Let me remind you: Men find it very satisfying to get what they want. (Particularly after a difficult day of running the world. )
让我提醒你:男人觉得得到他们想要的东西使人非常满足。(尤其是在艰难的主宰完一天世界之后。)
If we want you, we will find you.
如果我们想要你,我们就会找到你。
If you don't think you gave him enough time to notice you, take the time it took you to notice him and divide it by half.
如果你认为你没有给他足够的时间来注意到你,那就把你花在他身上的时间减去一半。
Now you begin the life-changing experience of listening to our audible book.
现在你从倾听我们的有声书开始改变人生的经历。
We have put the stories we have heard and questions we've been asked in a simple question-and-answer format.
我们把我们听过的故事和问题组成了一个简单的问答格式。
If you're lucky, you'll read the following questions and know what they are: Excuses that women have made for their unsatisfying situations.
如果你幸运的话,你会阅读下列问题,并知道它们是什么:女人对她们不满意的情况找的借口。
If you're not so lucky, we've also included handy titles to clue you in.
如果你没那么幸运,我们还提供了便利的标题来提示你。
The “Maybe He Doesn't Want to Ruin the Friendship” Excuse
“也许他并不想破坏友谊”的借口
Dear Greg, I'm so disappointed. I have this friend that I've known platonically for about ten years.
亲爱的格雷格,我太失望了。我和一个朋友保持柏拉图的关系大约十年了。
He lives in a different city and recently he was in town for work, so we met for dinner.
他住在另一个城市,最近他在城里工作,所以我们共进晚餐。
All of a sudden it felt like we were on a date.
突然之间,我们约会了。
He was completely flirting with me.
他完全是在跟我调情。
He even said to me, as he was checking me out, “So, what, you're working the whole 'model thing' now?” (That's flirting, right? )
他甚至对我说让我试试看,“所以你现在还在干模特的工作么?”(那是调情,对吗?)
We both agreed that we should get together again soon.
我们都同意,我们应该找一天再聚一聚。
Well, Greg, I'm disappointed because it's been two weeks and he hasn't called me.
格雷格,我很失望,因为两个星期了他还没打电话给我。
Can I call him? He might be nervous about turning the friendship into romance.
我可以打电话给他吗?他可能担心把友谊变成爱情。
Can't I give him a nudge now? Isn't that what friends are for?
我现在可以推他一把吗?朋友不就是这样的么?
Signed Jodi
乔迪来信