I don't know if you've ever been hungry,
我不知道你是否经历过饥饿
but when you get hungry,
但当你饿了的时候
it takes over your mind in an incredible way.
它会以一种难以置信的方式控制你的思维
You start having, you know, olfactory hallucinations.
你会开始产生幻嗅
You start smelling things that aren't there.
你会闻到一些子虚乌有的味道
You can't think of anything else,
没心去想别的事
you can't talk about anything else.
也无法谈论别的事
You'll get together with your friends
你会和你的朋友聚在一起
and talk for four hours about the next meal.
一连几个小时谈论下一顿饭吃什么
Eventually you get to cannibalism.
最终你们会同类相食
You'll eat your friends.
你会饥不择食吃了你的朋友
I mean, it will take over.
饥饿感会彻底占据你的大脑
It comes down to yours versus mine.
这最终成为事关你我所有财产的对抗
"That's my land. "I worked hard for that land.
"那是我的土地" 我为这片土地辛勤劳作
"I put my time, my effort my energy into that land."
"我为之付出了时间 付出了精力"
"I've learned how to cultivate it"
我学会了耕种
"I've learned how to manage it through the seasons."
"学会如何在四季变化中经营这片土地"
"If you come in here to try and steal it from me,
"如果你要来将其从我手中偷走
"To take it from me, especially without my consent,
"尤其是在未经我允许的情况下将其夺走
"I have to do something about it, or I'm dead!"
"我就必须出来保卫它 否则只有死路一条"
The birth of warfare.
这就是战争的起源