Rock Me To Sleep - Elizabeth Akers Allen
摇篮曲 - Elizabeth Akers Allen
Backward, turn backward, Time, in your flight, Make me a child again just for tonight!
时间的流逝,后退,向后退,让我做回小孩,就只在今夜!
Mother, come back from the echoless shore, Take me again to your heart as of yore;
母亲,从没有回音的海岸回来,一如往昔把我拥抱在怀里;
Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care, Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair;
亲我额头,充满关怀的皱纹,顺理我头发上几根银丝;
Over my slumbers your loving watch keep; — Rock me to sleep, mother, – rock me to sleep!
在我睡眠中,一直怜爱地望着我 ;-摇我睡觉,母亲 – 摇我入睡!
Backward, flow backward, O tide of the years!
噢,岁月的潮汐,后退,向后退!
I am so weary of toil and of tears, — Toil without recompense, tears all in vain,
我己厌倦於辛劳与眼泪 –辛劳而没有补偿,眼泪都徒劳无功
Take them, and give me my childhood again!
都拿去吧,只要给回我童年!
I have grown weary of dust and decay, — Weary of flinging my soul-wealth away; Weary of sowing for others to reap;
我已经厌倦了尘埃与腐败,厌倦於丢失我心灵财富,厌倦於为他人作嫁衣裳
Rock me to sleep, mother – rock me to sleep!
摇我入睡,母亲 – 摇我入睡!
Tired of the hollow, the base, the untrue, Mother, O mother, my heart calls for you!
厌倦於空洞,卑鄙,不真实,母亲,噢,母亲,我的心在呼唤您!
Many a summer the grass has grown green, Blossomed and faded, our faces between:
多少个夏天,草长绿了,花开了,凋谢了,在我们的面与面之间:
Yet, with strong yearning and passionate pain, Long I tonight for your presence again.
然而,强烈的愿望,激情的痛苦,让我今夜渴望再见到您的出现。
Come from the silence so long and so deep;
来自沉默,那么的久远,那么的深沉,
Rock me to sleep, mother – rock me to sleep!
搖我入睡,母亲 – 摇我入睡!
Come, let your brown hair, just lighted with gold, Fall on your shoulders again as of old;
来吧,让您的棕发,闪闪发光,一如往昔落在您的肩膀;
Let it drop over my forehead tonight, Shading my faint eyes away from the light;
让它落在我额头,今夜,护我微弱的眼晴,不让光线照到;
For with its sunny-edged shadows once more Haply will throng the sweet visions of yore;
因为,再一次,这个边缘充满阳光的身影,无意中又撩起昔日甜蜜的愿景;
Lovingly, softly, its bright billows sweep;
深情地,轻柔地,您明亮的发丝,波光粼粼 ;
Rock me to sleep, mother, – rock me to sleep!
摇我入睡,母亲 – 摇我入睡!
Mother, dear mother, the years have been long Since I last listened your lullaby song:
母亲,亲爱的母亲,已经好多年了,自从我最后一次听您的催眠曲;
Sing, then, and unto my soul it shall seem Womanhood's years have been only a dream.
那么,唱吧,唱到我的心灵深处,让我成长为妇人的岁月,只不过是一场梦
Clasped to your heart in a loving embrace, With your light lashes just sweeping my face, Never hereafter to wake or to weep;
将我紧靠您的心,作个爱的拥抱,您的眼睫毛轻轻地,刚扫过我的面庞,从今而后,不再醒来或哭泣 ;
Rock me to sleep, mother, – rock me to sleep!
摇我入睡,母亲 – 摇我入睡!