He wanted them to have a better opportunity,
他希望他们有更多的发展
and to do something they love doing.
能做他们喜爱的事
l think Joe did the right thing because none of his kids went to prison.
我不认为乔有错 因为他的孩子当中没人入狱
None of his kids were out on the street using dope.
也没有在外面吸毒
l think l Was raised right.
我觉得我们教育是正确的
l think my father did a brilliant job
我想我父亲做对的是
to take us from Gary, lndiana,
将我们逃离印第安纳州瑞城
which is a very poverty-stricken town,
非常贫穷的一个城镇
and not too many people get out of there and make something of themselves,
也没有什么人会想要出去有一番作为
and he had a dream, and he stuck with it.
他心中有个梦想并从未放弃过它
And he knew how to get there and he got us there.
他知道实现梦想的途径 并带我们往那里前进
lt's okay to have fun sometimes but you have to prepare yourself,
人生中作乐是不要紧 但必须要准备好自己
because your adulthood is gonna be a lot longer than your childhood.
毕竟成年的时光 要比童年来得漫长多了
And if you didn't prepare for it,
不做好准备
you're gonna be on The late Show.
将来就等着上深夜访谈节目吧
so l think my father prepared his sons for the future, to be men.
我认为父亲是为了我们的未来着想 将我们调教成男子汉
We were men at a vety young age.
我们在很年轻时就被迫长大
l remember asking Michael, "Why do you call him Joseph?"
我记得有次问迈克尔 为什么以约瑟夫称呼他?
And it was really clear, the way Michael explained it,
迈克尔解释得很清楚
that they thought of him as Joseph.
他们就觉得他是约瑟夫