Yeah.What is it? What do you want?
喂,什么事?你要干嘛?
You sell sandwiches and pop here, don’t you?
你们这里有没有卖三明治和汽水?
Yeah, we do in the daytime. But we’re closed up for the night.
有卖啊,但我们只有在白天才卖,晚上不做生意。
I know, but I was wondering if you could possibly let me have a cup of coffee. Black coffee,just.”
我知道,可是我想你们也许可以卖给我一杯咖啡,不加糖的咖啡,就这样。
Not at this time of night, mister. My wife’s the cook and she's in bed. ”
这么晚了,不行,先生。我太太掌厨,她已经睡了。
Don’t shut the door, please.
请你不要把门关上。
Listen, just a minute ago, just a minute ago, there was a man standing here, right beside the stand a suspicious looking man.
听我说,就在一分钟前,就在一分钟前,有个人站在那儿,就在摊子的旁边,一个形迹可疑的男子。
I don’t mean to disturb you, but you see, I was driving along when I just happened to look and there he was.
我不是故意要打扰你,可是你瞧,我开车经过时,刚巧就看见他在那儿。
What was he doing?
他那儿做啥?
Nothing
什么事也没。
You've been taking a nip.
你是不是喝了酒?
That's what you've been doing. Now on your way before I call out Sheriff Polks. ”
一定是的。现在,快走吧,不然我要打电话叫波克斯警长来。