I want to make a dish with traditional Sichuan flavours.
我要做一道具有传统四川风味的菜
I'm going to call it crispy, fragrant Sichuan sausage.
我把这道菜叫做脆香川肠
It is about experimenting, I do like to improvise sometimes
算是一次尝试吧 我有时就爱即兴创作
because that's what I do at home.
在家里我经常这样
First, I'm boiling some of Jenny's aunt's homemade sausages.
首先 我煮了一些Jenny姑姑家自制的香肠
It is a Chinese cook's dream to have all these ingredients,
拥有所有的这些食材是中国厨师的梦想
but I'm going to use the wood ear mushrooms
但我今天要用木耳来做
because they'll be lovely and crunchy.
它们很可爱而且很脆
Texture is always important in Chinese dishes,
对于中国菜来说 质地非常重要
but if you like, you could use oyster mushrooms instead.
不过用平菇来做也是可以的
I've been pointed to these lovely pickled chillies.
我选用了这种可爱的泡椒
I'm going to keep the seeds
这些籽我要留着一起炒
because I know this family likes their food hot.
因为这家人喜欢吃辣嘛
These look like spring onions, or scallions,
这种菜看起来像葱一样
but they're actually suan miao, which is the garlic shoots.
其实这是蒜苗 是蒜的嫩枝
The sausages should be ready after just ten minutes of boiling.
香肠煮10分钟就可以了
Shape is important, it's all about presentation
外形很重要 这关系到整道菜的卖相
and also cooking techniques.
也跟烹饪技巧息息相关
The same applies to vegetables
蔬菜也是一样的道理
if you cut them on the angle, you expose more surface area,
如果你是切斜刀 那么切面就会更大
they'll cook a lot quicker in a wok.
在锅里也熟得更快
In with the garlic, then in with all the sausages.
放入蒜 然后是香肠
I'm going to wok fry the sausages first, so they get a bit crisp.
香肠先下锅炸 这样会有酥脆的口感
This is what my grandmother would do,
这是我奶奶的做法
cook the ingredients separately, then bring it all together.
先将作料分开烹饪 然后再一起混炒
Takes a little bit more time, but hopefully, should be worth it.
可能会多花一点时间 但效果不会让人失望
I'm just going to add the vegetables in now,
我现在要下蔬菜了
all of them together at the same time.
所有的一起下锅
You do need to be careful,
要小心
otherwise you'll set your hair on fire.
注意头发别被烧着
The cooked vegetables are set aside,
做好的蔬菜先放在一边
and then, inspired by Jenny's aunt's fish dish,
因为受到Jenny姑姑做水煮鱼的启发
I'm making a kind of hot oil dressing,
我在做一种用辣椒酱和花椒
based on chilli bean paste and Sichuan flower pepper.
制成的香辣油料酱汁
Mmm, it's sour, it's spicy, it's hot, it's numbing heat.
嗯 酸酸的 香香的 辣辣的 麻麻的
So what I'm going to do is just throw this all back in the wok,
我现在要做的 就是把这些都倒回锅里
and toss it all together,
所有的东西一起翻炒
so that all the flavours are mixed in really well.
这样所有的味道都能充分地混合了
That is my crispy, fragrant, Sichuan sausage
这就是我独家特制的脆香川肠
with wood ear mushrooms,
配料有木耳
garlic shoots and pickled chilli.
蒜苗和泡椒
And it's so hot,
好辣啊
it's a numbing heat.
嘴都麻了
This is a true Sichuan dish, I think,
我觉得这应该是正宗的川菜了
this will actually blow your head off good.
肯定会辣得让人爽翻的
I could give some of the fly restaurants a run for their money.
我可以把这道菜拿出去推销给街边的小饭馆了