手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 福尔摩斯探案全集 > 福尔摩斯探案之血字的研究 > 正文

血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第21期:警察栾斯的叙述(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
"And the florid face?" I asked.
"还有那个红脸的问题呢?"我又问道。
"Ah, that was a more daring shot, though I have no doubt that I was right.
"啊,那就是一个更为大胆的推测了,然而我确信我是正确的。
You must not ask me that at the present state of the affair."
在这个案件的目前情况下,你暂且不要问我这个问题吧。"
I passed my hand over my brow. "My head is in a whirl," I remarked;
我用手摸了摸前额说:"我真有点晕头转向了,
"the more one thinks of it the more mysterious it grows.
愈想愈觉得神秘莫测。
How came these two men–if there were two men–into an empty house?
比如说,如果真是两个人的话,那么这两个人究竟怎样进入空屋去的?
What has become of the cabman who drove them?
送他们去的车夫又怎么样了?
How could one man compel another to take poison? Where did the blood come from?
一个人怎能迫使另一个人服毒的?血又是从哪里来的?
What was the object of the murderer, since robbery had no part in it?
这案子既然不是图财害命,凶手的目的又是什么?
How came the woman's ring there?
女人的戒指又是从哪儿来的?
Above all, why should the second man write up the German word RACHE before decamping?
最要紧的是,凶手在逃走之前为什么要在墙上写下德文字'复仇'呢?
I confess that I cannot see any possible way of reconciling all these facts." My companion smiled approvingly.
老实说,我实在想不出怎样把这些问题一一地联系起来。"我的同伴赞许地微笑着。
"You sum up the difficulties of the situation succinctly and well," he said.
他说:"你把案中疑难之点总结得很简洁、很扼要,总结得很好。
"There is much that is still obscure, though I have quite made up my mind on the main facts.
虽然在主要情节上我已有了眉目,但是还有许多地方仍然不够清楚。
As to poor Lestrade's discovery,
至于雷斯垂德所发现的那个血字,
it was simply a blind intended to put the police upon a wrong track, by suggesting Socialism and secret societies.
只不过是一种圈套,暗示这是什么社会党或者秘密团体干的,企图把警察引入歧途罢了。
It was not done by a German.
那字并不是个德国人写的。
The A, if you noticed, was printed somewhat after the German fashion.
你如果注意一下,就可以看出字母A多少是仿照德文样子写的。
Now, a real German invariably prints in the Latin character,
但是真正的德国人写的却常常是拉丁字体。
so that we may safely say that this was not written by one,
因此我们可以十拿九稳地说,这字母绝不是德国人写的,
but by a clumsy imitator who overdid his part.
而是出于一个不高明的摹仿者之手,并且他做的有点画蛇添足了。
It was simply a ruse to divert inquiry into a wrong channel.
这不过是想要把侦查工作引入歧途的一个诡计而已。
I'm not going to tell you much more of the case, Doctor.
医生,关于这个案子我不预备再给你多讲些什么了。
You know a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his trick;
你知道魔术家一旦把自己的戏法说穿,他就得不到别人的赞赏了;
and if I show you too much of my method of working,
如果把我的工作方法给你讲得太多的话,
you will come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
那么,你就会得出这样的结论:福尔摩斯这个人不过是一个十分平常的人物罢了。"
"I shall never do that," I answered;
我回答说:"我决不会如此。

夏洛克 福尔摩斯

"you have brought detection as near an exact science as it ever will be brought in this world."

侦探术迟早要发展成为一门精确的科学的,可是你已经差不多把它创立起来了。"
My companion flushed up with pleasure at my words, and the earnest way in which I uttered them.
我的同伴听了这话,而且看到我说话时的诚恳态度,他高兴得涨红了脸。
I had already observed that he was as sensitive to flattery on the score of his art as any girl could be of her beauty.
我早就看出,当他听到别人对他在侦探术上的成就加以赞扬时,他就会象任何一个姑娘听到别人称赞她的美貌时一样的敏感起来。
"I'll tell you one other thing," he said.
他说:"我再告诉你一件事。
"Patent-leathers and Square-toes came in the same cab,
穿皮靴的和穿方头靴的两个人是同乘一辆车子来的,
and they walked down the pathway together as friendly as possible–arm-in-arm, in all probability.
而且好象非常友好似的,大概还是膀子挽着膀子一起从花园中小路上走过。
When they got inside, they walked up and down the room–or rather,
他们进了屋子以后,还在屋子里走来走去;
Patent-leathers stood still while Square-toes walked up and down.
更确切地说,穿起皮靴子的是站立不动,而穿方头靴子的人却在屋中不停地走动。
I could read all that in the dust; and I could read that as he walked he grew more and more excited.
我从地板上的尘土上就能看出这些情况来。同时我也能看出,他愈走愈激动,。
That is shown by the increased length of his strides.
因为他的步子愈走愈大,这就说明这一点
He was talking all the while, and working himself up, no doubt, into a fury.
他一边走一边说着,终于狂怒起来,
Then the tragedy occurred.
于是惨剧就发生了。
I've told you all I know myself now, for the rest is mere surmise and conjecture.
现在我把我所知道的一切情况都告诉你了,剩下的只是一些猜测和臆断了。
We have a good working basis, however, on which to start.
好在咱们已有了着手工作的好基础。
We must hurry up, for I want to go to Halle's concert to hear Norman Neruda this afternoon."
咱们必须抓紧时间,因为我今天下午还要去听阿勒音乐会,听听诺尔曼·聂鲁达的音乐呢。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
flush [flʌʃ]

想一想再看

v. 奔流,发红,冲洗,迅速流过
n. 脸红,

联想记忆
sensitive ['sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的

联想记忆
detection [di'tekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 察觉,发觉,侦查,探测

联想记忆
celebrity [si'lebriti]

想一想再看

n. 名人,名誉,社会名流

联想记忆
intended [in'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.

联想记忆
confess [kən'fes]

想一想再看

v. 承认,告白,忏悔

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
conjecture [kən'dʒektʃə]

想一想再看

v. & n. 推测,臆测

联想记忆
concert ['kɔnsət]

想一想再看

n. 音乐会,一致,和谐
vt. 制定计划,通

 
probability [.prɔbə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 可能性,或然率,机率

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。