Are we really saying that it's not worth the risk to print an extra 200 billion for aid?
那么,为了救援而额外印多2千亿钞票这样的风险真的不值得去承担吗?
Would the risks really be that different?
这些风险真的会有很大区别吗?
To me, it's not that clear.
对我来说,这是比较模糊的概念。
What is clear is the impact on aid.
而对救援产生的影响则是清晰的。
Even though this is the printing of just three central banks,the global aid that's given over this period is up by almost 40 percent.
哪怕印钞仅仅只是三家中央银行的事,但是这个阶段给出的国籍援助,也已经上升了接近40个百分点。
Aid as a proportion of national income all of a sudden is at a 40-year high.
援助作为国民收入的一部分突然就上升到了40年来的最高点。
Now, we don't get to 0.7 percent.
那么,假设我们没有达到0.7%那个点。
Governments are still incentivized to give.
政府也会被要求付诸行动。
But you know what, that's the point of a matching scheme.
但你们知道吗,那个点就是和计划匹配的点。
So I think what we've learned is that the risks from this money creation scheme are quite modest,but the benefits are potentially huge.
所以我觉得,我们了解到的是这个印钞计划中潜在的风险是相当温和的,但是收益呢则是非常庞大。
Imagine what we could do with 40 percent more funding.
想像一下这多出来的40%的资金, 我们能做多少事情。
We might be able to feed the front row.
我们估计可以养得起 前排的观众了。
The thing that I fear, the only thing that I fear,apart from the fact that I've run out of time,is that the window of opportunity for this idea is a short one.
我担心的事情, 且唯一担心的事情,除了我已经没什么时间这个事实外,就是实施这个想法的时间机会非常短暂。
Today, money creation by central banks is an accepted policy tool.
今天,中央银行的货币创造是一个公认的政策工具。
That may not always be the case.
但这并不是一直都这样。
Today there are universally agreed aims for international aid.
如今在国际援助上我们有世界普遍认可的目标。
That may not always be the case.
但这也并不是一直都这样。
Today might be the only time that these two things coincide,such that we can afford the aid that we've always aspired to give.
现在可能是这两种事物同时被认可实行的唯一时机,这样我们就能负担起这些援助,这些我们一直都很想给予的援助。
So, can we print money for international aid?
所以,我们能为国籍援助而印刷钞票吗?
I seriously believe the question should be,why not?
我坚决相信这是可行的,为什么不呢?
Thank you very much.
非常感谢。