手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 福尔摩斯探案全集 > 福尔摩斯探案之血字的研究 > 正文

血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:劳瑞斯顿花园街的惨案(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
Sherlock Holmes approached the body, and, kneeling down, examined it intently.
福尔摩斯走到尸体跟前,跪下来全神贯注地检查着。
"You are sure that there is no wound?" he asked, pointing to numerous gouts and splashes of blood which lay all round.
"你们肯定没有伤痕么?"他一面问,一面指着四周的血迹。
"Positive!" cried both detectives.
两个侦探异口同声回答说:"确实没有。"
"Then, of course, this blood belongs to a second individual–presumably the murderer, if murder has been committed.
"那么,这些血迹一定是另一个人的喽,也许是凶手的。如果这是一件凶杀案的话,
It reminds me of the circumstances attendant on the death of Van Jansen, in Utrecht, in the year '34.
这就使我想起了一八三四年攸垂克特地方的范·坚森死时的情况。
Do you remember the case, Gregson?"
葛莱森,你还记得那个案件吗?"
"No, sir."
"不记得了,先生。"
"Read it up–you really should.
"你真应该把这个旧案重读一下。
There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before."
世界上本来就没有什么新鲜事,都是前人作过的。"
As he spoke, his nimble fingers were flying here, there, and everywhere,
他说话的时候,灵敏的手指这里摸摸,那里按按,
feeling, pressing, unbuttoning, examining, while his eyes wore the same far-away expression which I have already remarked upon.
一会儿又解开死人的衣扣检查一番;他的眼里又现出前面我谈到的那种茫然的神情。
So swiftly was the examination made, that one would hardly have guessed the minuteness with which it was conducted.
他检查得非常迅速,而且是出我意料地细致和认真。
Finally, he sniffed the dead man's lips, and then glanced at the soles of his patent leather boots.
最后,他嗅了嗅死者的嘴唇,又瞧了一眼死者皮靴子的靴底。
"He has not been moved at all?" he asked.
他问道:"尸体一直没有动过么?"
"No more than was necessary for the purpose of our examination."
"除了进行我们必要的检查以外,再没有动过。"
"You can take him to the mortuary now," he said.
"现在可以把他送去埋葬了,"他说,
"There is nothing more to be learned."
"没有什么再需要检查的了。"
Gregson had a stretcher and four men at hand.
葛莱森已经准备了一副担架和四个抬担架的人。
At his call they entered the room, and the stranger was lifted and carried out.
他一招呼,他们就走进来把死者抬了出去。

血字的研究

As they raised him, a ring tinkled down and rolled across the floor.

当他们抬起死尸时,有一只戒指滚落在地板上了。
Lestrade grabbed it up and stared at it with mystified eyes.
雷斯垂德连忙把它拾了起来,莫名其妙地瞧着。
"There's been a woman here," he cried. "It's a woman's wedding ring."
他叫道:"一定有个女人来过。这是一只女人的结婚指环。"
He held it out, as he spoke, upon the palm of his hand.
他一边说着,一边把托着戒指的手伸过来给大家看。
We all gathered round him and gazed at it.
我们围上去看了。
There could be no doubt that that circlet of plain gold had once adorned the finger of a bride.
这只朴素的金戒指无疑地是新娘戴用的。
"This complicates matters," said Gregson.
葛莱森说:"这样一来,更加使案件复杂化了,
"Heaven knows, they were complicated enough before."
天晓得,这个案子本来就够复杂的了。"
"You're sure it doesn't simplify them?" observed Holmes.
福尔摩斯说:"你怎么知道这只指环就不能使这个案子更清楚一些呢?
"There's nothing to be learned by staring at it. What did you find in his pockets?"
这样呆呆地瞧着它是没有用处的。你在衣袋里检查出什么来了?"
"We have it all here," said Gregson, pointing to a litter of objects upon one of the bottom steps of the stairs.
"都在这儿,"葛莱森指着楼梯最后一级上的一小堆东西说,
"A gold watch, No. 97163, by Barraud, of London. Gold Albert chain, very heavy and solid.
"一只金表,97163号,伦敦巴罗德公司制。一根又重又结实的爱尔伯特金链。
Gold ring, with masonic device. Gold pin–bull-dog's head, with rubies as eyes.
一枚金戒指,上面刻着共济会的会徽。一枚金别针,上边有个虎头狗的脑袋,狗眼是两颗红宝石。
Russian leather cardcase, with cards of Enoch J. Drebber of Cleveland, corresponding with the E. J. D. upon the linen.
俄国制的名片夹,里面有印着克利夫兰,伊瑙克·锥伯的名片,J字首和衬衣上的EJD三个缩写字母相符。
No purse, but loose money to the extent of seven pounds thirteen.
没有钱包,只有些零钱,一共七英镑十三先令。
Pocket edition of Boccaccio's 'Decameron,' with name of Joseph Stangerson upon the flyleaf.
一本袖珍版的卜迦丘的小说《十日谈》,扉页上写着约瑟夫·斯坦节逊的名字。
Two letters--one addressed to E. J. Drebber and one to Joseph Stangerson."
此外还有两封信--一封是寄给锥伯的,一封是给约瑟夫·斯坦节逊的。"
"At what address?"
"是寄到什么地方的?"
"American Exchange, Strand–to be left till called for.
"河滨路美国交易所留交本人自取。
They are both from the Guion Steamship Company, and refer to the sailing of their boats from Liverpool.
两封信都是从盖恩轮船公司寄来的,内容是通知他们轮船从利物浦开行的日期。
It is clear that this unfortunate man was about to return to New York."
可见这个倒霉的家伙是正要回纽约去的。"
"Have you made any inquiries as to this man Stangerson?"
"你们可曾调查过斯坦节逊这个人吗?"
"I did it at once, sir," said Gregson.
"先生,我当时立刻就调查了。"葛莱森说,
"I have had advertisements sent to all the newspapers,
"我已经把广告稿送到各家报馆去刊登,
and one of my men has gone to the American Exchange,
另外又派人到美国交易所去打听,
but he has not returned yet."
现在还没有回来呢。"
"Have you sent to Cleveland?"
"你们跟克利夫兰方面联系了吗?"
"We telegraphed this morning."
"今天早晨我们就拍出电报去了。"
"How did you word your inquiries?"
"你们是怎么询问的?"
"We simply detailed the circumstances, and said that we should be glad of any information which could help us."
"我们只是把这件事的情况详细说明一下,并且告诉他们说,希望他们告诉我们对我们有帮助的任何情报。"
"You did not ask for particulars on any point which appeared to you to be crucial?"
"你没有提到你认为是关键性问题的细节吗?"
"I asked about Stangerson."
"我问到了斯坦节逊这个人。"
"Nothing else? Is there no circumstance on which this whole case appears to hinge?
"没有问到别的?难道整个案子里就没有一个关键性的问题?
Will you not telegraph again?"
你不能再拍个电报吗?"
"I have said all I have to say," said Gregson, in an offended voice.
葛莱森生气地说:"我在电报上把我要说的都说了。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
adorned [ə'dɔ:n]

想一想再看

vt. 装饰;使生色

 
linen ['linin]

想一想再看

n. 亚麻布,亚麻线,亚麻制品
adj. 亚麻

 
consult [kən'sʌlt]

想一想再看

v. 商讨,向 ... 请教,查阅

 
swiftly ['swiftli]

想一想再看

adv. 迅速地,敏捷地

 
crucial ['kru:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 关键的,决定性的

联想记忆
plain [plein]

想一想再看

n. 平原,草原
adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简

 
complicated ['kɔmplikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,难懂的
动词complica

 
hinge [hindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 铰链,关键
vt. 用铰链装

 
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交换,兑换,交易所
v. 交换,兑换,交

 
leather ['leðə]

想一想再看

n. 皮革,皮制品
adj. 皮革制的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。