Professor Julia Lee-Thorp is examining
朱莉娅·里霍普教授检测了
very ancient teeth from the jaws of both animals and humans
生活在数百万年前的动物和人类的
which lived millions of years ago.
古老牙齿
I'm incredibly nervous
处理古人类牙齿时
when I'm dealing with ancient human teeth.
我紧张得不可思议
It's a very awe-inspiring experience, I guess.
我想 这是一段激动人心的经历
I'm very conscious of the fact
我很清楚我得
that we have to be careful about damaging material,
小心翼翼地避免破坏这些化石
because it's really very precious and rare.
因为它们真的非常珍贵而稀有
Her experiments are carried out in this tiny laser chamber.
她的实验就在这个小激光室中进行
We're lining it up to shoot the laser at it,
我们将它摆好对齐 向它投射激光
and the laser releases
激光投射在
a very, very small amount of enamel.
它们极其微量的釉质上
The laser vaporises microscopic holes
激光在这些古代牙齿的釉质上
in the ancient tooth enamel.
打下了一些微孔