手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲 > 正文

Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲(MP3+中英字幕) 第10期:CEO就像总编

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

社交软件Twitter

But by editorial,

说到编辑
I mean there are a thousand things that we could
我是指我们正在做的1000件事里
be doing but there's only one or two that are important
只有一两件是重要的
All of these ideas and
来自用户的
all of these stories from our users,
工程师的,支持者的
from engineers, from support people,
各种想法和故事
from designers are going to constantly flood
会不断冲击
what we should be doing.
我们应该做的事情
We need to choose the one or two
我需要选择那一件或两件
that are really going to drive
会真的带动这个网络,服务,产品
and sustain the network and the service and the product
让它们持续发展的事情
As an editor,
拿编辑打比方
I am effectively just the chief editor of the company.
我就是公司有效率的总编
As an editor, I'm constantly taking all these inputs
作为一个编辑,我不断地吸收这些输入程序
and deciding on that one or that intersection of
决定哪一点或是哪一部分
a few that makes sense for what we're doing.
是值得去做的
There's three access points that I pay attention to,
我尤其注意到
in particular.
三个切入点
Number 1 is the team.
第一就是团队
We have to bring the best people in,
我们必须招揽最优秀的人
edit the best people in
吸纳最优秀的人
so we have a good cast of characters,
所以我们有了强大的阵容
and edit away any negative elements.
剪辑走了负面元素
A lot of this is just like the timing is off
这项工作很难,经常会出现
and our relationship just doesn't match.
不论多久,关系就是调理不好的情况
In some cases, we have to ask people
在某些情况下,我需要让有些人
to leave or they leave on their own.
离开,或者等他们主动离开
But it's always minding that team dynamic
但是团队动态需要始终放在心上
because at the end of the day,
因为当这一阶段结束后
we're just a group of people working on one single goal
我们就会成为一群人在为同一个目标奋斗
If we can't step in a cohesive coordinative fashion,
如果我们不能成为一个相互协调相互统一的整体
then we're going to trip all over the place.
那我们就会东扑西扑
And that's a messy company. No one wants to use that.
公司也会变得一团糟,团队也没人敢用
So, recruiting is number 1.
所以招贤纳士是第一位
Number 2 is internal and external communication.
第二是内部和外部的交流
Internal communication is just the coordination around
内部的交流就是协调我们手头的工作
what we're doing and why we're doing it and what our
搞清楚我们为什么在做这些工作
goals are and why the goals are like that. That's it.
为什么我们有这些目标,就是如此
If you have that sort of high-level,
如果你做到这么高水准的内部交流
this is where we're going,
就与我们的前进方向不谋而合
this is the vision, this is the next 30 days and
这就是未来,这是接下来30天
three months and six months and a year maybe,
3个月,半年或是1年的前景
it makes it very, very easy to
这让公司各部门的人
set priorities and for all of the edges
做正确的事
of the company to set their own priorities
设立工作重点
to do the right thing.
变得非常容易
The external communication is the product.
外部交流就是产品
The product is the story we're telling the world.
产品就是我们告诉世界的故事
We want to put everything through this.
我们想将所有东西都放在里面
We don't want it to be about a person.
我们不想让故事只针对某人
We want it to be about
我们想让它成为关于
how people are using it and how people are
人们怎样使用它和人们怎样
fitting it into their lives
让它融入生活
and what they're doing with it.
人们用它做什么
That's the strongest story we have.
这是我们最有力的故事
So, number 2 is that
所以第二就是
internal and external communication.
内部和外部的交流
Number 3 is editing the money in the bank story.
第三就是像银行那样"编辑"钱
This comes in two ways.
这有两种方式
It comes through investment and
它来自投资和
taking money from investors,
从投资者那里拿钱
either through swiping their credit cards while
无论是当他们不注意的时候刷信用卡
they're not looking or through revenue.
还是通过业务来盈利
Fortunately, Square is a company
幸运的是 Square是一家
that has revenue from day 1
从第一天就有收入的公司
so we can look at constantly building that and
所以我们可以看到在不断地建设它
we don't have to worry about much investment.
而不必担心投资问题
We can focus on that revenue piece.
我们可以集中在收入这一块
So, my three priorities and
以上依次是我的三个重点
my focus areas are in that order.
和关注领域
That's what I'm constantly editing as a CEO.
这是我作为CEO不断编辑的东西
I think it makes managing a growing company
我认为它让一个不断壮大的公司的管理
and a fast-paced movement very,
和快速发展变得
very easy because
非常简单
there is basically one thing that you have to do.
因为你必须做一件事
You have to make every single detail perfect
就是让每个细节都很完美
and you have to limit the number of details.
你必须要限制细节的数量
That's it.
就是这样
Every detail perfect, limit the number of details.
每个细节都完美,限制细节的数量
If you can do that well,
如果你在这方面可以做得很好
no matter where you are in the org structure,
不管你在这个组织机构的哪里
no matter where you are in the company or organization,
不管你在公司或是组织的哪个位置
you're going to succeed because you're paying
你就会成功,因为你
attention to the smallest things.
注意到了细小的东西
And if you pay attention to the smallest
如果你注意到了最小的东西
things while knowing what's important,
并且知道什么是重要的
then everything else takes care of itself.
那么任何其他事情都会自然而然地好起来

重点单词   查看全部解释    
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
internal [in'tə:nəl]

想一想再看

adj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的

 
editorial [.edi'tɔ:riəl]

想一想再看

n. 社论
adj. 编辑的

联想记忆
effectively [i'fektivli]

想一想再看

adv. 事实上,有效地

 
dynamic [dai'næmik]

想一想再看

adj. 动态的,动力的,有活力的
n. 动力

 
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
cohesive [kəu'hi:siv]

想一想再看

adj. 粘性的(有结合性的,有粘聚性的)

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。