What we've moved from is a world
我们所经历的改变
in which we thought that drugs were poisons
是从认为药物有毒害作用
and the art of medicine was to make sure
我们只在一种情况下服用药物
that the person had a reasonably serious condition
那就是病人出现严重病症
that posed risks,
严重到
that justified the risk we knew came with the pills,
我们不得不承担药物所带来的风险
to a world where the drugs are now viewed as fertilisers.
改变为 药物被我们视作一种肥料
They can do no harm if you
如果你适当使用
just sprinkle them around the place widely.
就不会带来伤害
I don't mind popping pills at all.
我完全不介意吃药
It doesn't bother me, it doesn't worry me.
我不觉得这有什么不好
I think I'm being kept alive artificially.
我觉得自己需要药物维持
I think the biblical span of life tells you that at my age,
我觉得 到了我这个年纪
one's usually, you know, gone.
很多人可能已经去世
I hate taking them,
我讨厌吃药
to be quite honest, if you want the truth.
老实讲 如果你真想知道
I really hate taking pills
我真讨厌吃药
at all because it's really against my grain
可是 我必须吃药
that, you know, I'm needing to take them.
这着实叫我觉得不情愿
By the time you're in your 70s,
等你到了70岁左右的年纪
you're likely to be taking at least five pills every day.
你每天至少要吃5颗药