The thing that really inspires people
真正激发人们灵感的是
is a working product.
用起来得心应手的产品
When you're pitching someone,
当你向别人推荐产品的时候
the best thing you can do is
最好的办法就是
show them something that works.
向他们展示好用的东西
We did this with Twitter.
我们就是这么推广推特的
We had a great number of users.
我们有很多用户
We had a great number of mass.
我们有很多受众
We had a lot of used cases.
我们有很多成果的案例
And we had investors who were coming to us
我们有慕名而来的投资者
who were already users of the product.
他们已经是这个产品的用户了
Their families were users of the product.
他们的家人也是这个产品的用户
So, the story became very, very easy to tell.
所以推广推特变得特别容易
They could easily see
他们很容易就可以看到
why this was something that was powerful.
为什么这个东西会这么强大
Square was the same but it was a little bit more
Square也是一样的,但它更实际
tangible because I could actually take their credit
因为我可以拿来他们的信用卡
card and take money off of it and then say,
划走钱,然后说
"Go to your Chase account right now and look
"立刻去你的银行账户查看吧
because I just took $3 from your account,"
因为我刚从你的账户拿走了3美元"
or in some cases $50 if I don't really like the VC.
要是我不喜欢那个风险投资商,收到50美元也不一定