But many people question whether codeine even needs to be
但是很多人提出质疑
in these over-the-counter drugs in the first place.
非处方药中是否有必要加入可待因
One of the things about the over-the-counter pain killers
有一点值得提出的是 柜台出售的
that contain codeine with aspirin or paracetamol or ibuprofen
加了可待因的阿司匹林 扑热息痛 布洛芬
is the amounts of codeine in those tablets
其所含可待因的剂量
is not thought to be enough to have a real effect on the pain,
并不足以让人止痛
so you are probably no better off taking those tablets
所以吃了以后的效果并不比
than you are taking standard aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol.
单纯的阿司匹林 扑热息痛或布洛芬好
They don't contain enough
其中所含可待因的剂量
codeine to give you any additional pain relief,
不能减轻病痛
but there is enough to get you hooked.
但却足以让你上瘾
Despite how dangerous pills can be, we still love them.
尽管药物很危险 我们还是很爱它
If I could invent a pill to do anything,
如果我能发明一种万能药
I'd quite like one that
我想要一种
could just put you to sleep for 15 minutes
让你只用睡十五分钟
and you'd be completely refreshed when you woke up.
醒来以后就会焕然一新的药
I'd invent one pill that covers the whole spectrum.
我想发明一种能治愈所有疾病的药
You just take one pill in the day and that's it.
一天只吃一片
You're good to go.
然后你就好了