My school did not limit me because I was a girl.
我的学校并没有因为我是女生而限制我的发展。
My mentors didn't assume I would go less far because I might give birth to a child one day.
我的导师并没有因为或许有一天我会生育而贬低我的前途。
These influencers were the gender equality ambassadors that made me who I am today.
这些有影响力的人就是性别平等大使。他们造就了今天的我。
They may not know it, but they are inadvertent feminists who are changing the world today.
他们自己也许没有意识到这一点,但是他们无意中成为女权主义者,正在改变这个世界。
We need more of those.
我们需要更多这样的人。
And if you still hate the word—it is not the word that is important, it's the idea and the ambition behind it.
如果你仍然讨厌这个词——词语本身并不重要,重要的是这个词背后的理念和理想。
Because not all women have received the same rights that I have. In fact, statistically, very few have been.
因为不是所有女性都拥有了我现在拥有的权力。事实上,从统计数据来看,这样的人少之又少。
In 1997, Hilary Clinton made a famous speech in Beijing about women's rights.
1997年,希拉里·克林顿在北京做了一个关于女性权力的著名演讲。
Sadly many of the things that she wanted to change are still true today.
遗憾的是,很多她当时想要改变的事情,如今还是未曾改变。
But what stood out for me the most was that less than 30 per cent of the audience were male.
但其中最能引起我的注意的是,在现场的男性观众还不到30%。
How can we affect change in the world when only half of it is invited or feel welcome to participate in the conversation?
当两性中只有一性受邀或者愿意参与对话时,我们怎么可能改变世界?
Men — I would like to take this opportunity to extend your formal invitation.
男性同胞们,就此机会,我向你们发出正式的邀请。