本期文章:纪伯伦《先知The Prophet·论时间On Time 》
录制地点:美国 西雅图
垫乐:
Tennessee Waltz- Patti Page
叙事曲-奇普里安.波隆贝斯库
Like The Wind-神思者
“西方文化是求知的,追求逻辑与理性;东方文化是审美的,追求自然与天人合一。纪伯伦的出现,是这两种文化的完美结合。在他的作品中,既能寻求到理性的智慧,又能体会到感性的优雅。不自觉的会想,纪伯伦是一个承载了多少爱的人才能让他成就如此著作。”在西雅图求学的北京姑娘-麒静这样描述对纪伯伦的感受。
纪伯伦的散文诗著作《先知The Prophet》被称为“东方赠送给西方最好的礼物”。今天,麒静在西雅图为你带来这份礼物-《先知The Prophet》中的《论时间On Time》
On Time
论时光
Kahlil Gibran
纪·哈·纪伯伦
And an astronomer said, "Master, what of Time?"
一位天文学家说,“大师,时间是怎么回事呢?”
And he answered:
他答道:
You would measure time the measureless and the immeasurable.
你要测量那不可测量,不能量的时间。
You would adjust your conduct and even direct the course of your spirit according to hours and seasons.
你要按照时长与季候,来调适你的举止,引导你的精神。
Of time you would make a stream upon whose bank you would sit and watch its flowing.
你要把时光当作一条水,你要坐在岸旁,看他流逝。
Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness,
但那在你里面无时间性的“我”,却觉悟到生命的无穷。
And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.
也知道昨日只是今日的回忆,而明日只是今日的梦想。
And that that which sings and contemplates in you is still dwelling within the bounds of that first moment which scattered the stars into space.
那在你里面歌唱着,默想着的,是仍住在那第一刻在太空散步群星的圈子里。
Who among you does not feel that his power to love is boundless?
你们中间谁不觉得他的爱的能力是无穷的呢?
And yet who does not feel that very love, though boundless, encompassed within the center of his being, and moving not from love thought to love thought, nor from love deeds to other love deeds?
又有谁不觉得那爱,虽是无穷,却是在他本身的中心绕行,不是从这爱的思念,移到那爱的思念,也不从这爱的行为移到那爱的行为么?
And is not time even as love is, undivided and spaceless?
而且时光岂不也像爱,是不可分析,没有罅隙的么?
But if in your thought you must measure time into seasons, let each season encircle all the other seasons,
但若在你的意想里,你定要把时光分成季候,那就让一个季候绕围住其余的季候。
And let today embrace the past with remembrance and the future with longing.
也让今日的回忆拥抱着过去,用希望拥抱着未来。