Lesson 90. What an Idiot!
第90课 真是个白痴
Lucy is talking to her boyfriend, Vic, about their friend, Randy.
露西和她的男朋友维克讨论他们的朋友朗迪。
L: Did you hear that Randy's got AIDS?
露西:你听说朗迪得艾滋病了吗?
V: Oh my God! Really? How come?
维克:我的天啊!真的吗?怎么会呢?
L: He became infected after having sex with a call girl.
露西:他和一名应招女郎发生性行为后感染到的。
V: What an idiot! Where's he now?
维克:真是个大笨蛋!他现在在哪里?
L: He's in a hospital. When I went to see him, I found him trembling in fear.
露西:他在医院。我去看他的时候,他害怕得一直发抖。
V: What did he say?
维克:他说了些什么?
L: Not much. He seemed tired. He lay in bed with his eyes staring up at the ceiling.
露西:没说很多。他似乎很疲倦。他躺在床上两眼直瞪着天花板。
V: Gee! Poor guy.
维克:哎!可怜的家伙。
L: Let that be a lesson to you.
露西:你要从那件事吸取教训。
V: You're right. I'll never do that again.
维克:你说得对。我再也不做那种事了。
L: What! So you've done it before!
露西:什么!那么说来,你以前干过啰!
V: Uh oh!
维克:糟了!