Actually I was so honored I wanted to do something really special for you.
其实我真的很荣幸,因此我想为你们做些特别的事。
I wanted to be able to have you look under your seats and there would be free master and doctor degrees but I see you got that covered already.
我想要跟你们说,请看你们座位下面有免费硕士或博士学位证书,但是我发现你们已经有了。
I have done over 35,000 interviews in my career and as soon as that camera shuts off everyone always turns to me and inevitably in their own way asks this question “Was that okay?”
我的职业生涯中容纳了大约35000个访谈,每每在摄像机的镜头关闭后,几乎所有人都不可避免地转向我,用他们各自的方式,询问着同一个问题“像这样可以吗?”
I heard it from President Bush, I heard it from President Obama.
布什总统这样问,奥巴马总统这样问。
I've heard it from heroes and from housewives.
我在英雄的口中听到过这个疑问,同样也在家庭主妇的口中听说过这句话。
I've heard it from victims and perpetrators of crimes.
我听受害者这样问,也听过那些有罪行的人们这样问。
I even heard it from Beyonce and all of her Beyonceness.
我甚至听过碧昂斯和她的粉丝们这样问。
She finishes performing, hands me the microphone and says, “Was that okay?”
碧昂斯结束表演之后,把麦克风递到我手中,问道:“像我这样可以吗?”
Friends and family, yours, enemies, strangers in every argument in every encounter, every exchange I will tell you, they all want to know one thing: was that okay?
朋友或家人、支持者或敌人、每次争论或邂逅的陌生人,有关每一次交流,我都可以笃定地告诉你们,他们都想知道一件事儿—“像这样可以吗?
Did you hear me? Do you see me? Did what I say mean anything to you?
你听得见我吗?你看的见我吗?我之所言是否对你有些许意义?”
Congratulations Class of 2013.
祝贺你们,2012届哈佛的毕业生们。
Congratulations to your family and friends. Good luck, and thank you for listening.
把祝贺同样送给你们的亲朋好友们。祝你们的命运永远备受眷顾,同时感谢你们的聆听。
Was that okay?
像这样可以吗?