"Taking the bull by the horns" ...it's a terrifying metaphor.
这尊雕像用具象表现了我们的一句俗语“抓牛先抓角”,
It's how politicians are meant to tackle crises.
这是政治家门解决危机的方式,
It's what we're all meant to do with the big moral problems of life.
这是我们面对人生的重大问题时应有的一种态度,
Though most of us, I suspect, hope to avoid doing anything of the sort.
虽然对我们大多数人而言,希望如何避免危机才是重中之重。
But about four thousand years ago, we have serious archaeological evidence of a whole civilisation that seems to have been collectively fascinated by the idea of confronting the bull.
但考古研究发现,在四千年前,某一文明中的所有人似乎都渴盼能挑战公牛。
I have seen many paintings of people leaping or cutting the bulls.
我见过很多画作中的跳跃者及公牛。
There always has been a kind of game between men and bulls...always.
男人和公牛之间总是有一种游戏。
It's one of the many mysteries of a society at the crossroads of Africa, Asia and Europe, that played a key role in shaping what we now call the Middle East.
这个社会处于亚非欧的交界,是形成如今中东地区的关键力量。
A history of the world.
世界历史,
In a hundred objects.
百件藏品,
Minoan Bull and acrobat,a small Bronze statue around 3,500 years old,discovered in Crete.
具有3500年历史的米诺斯公牛上的跳跃者 发现于希腊克里特岛