This is a Jew.
这是个犹太人。
And so is this.
这位也是。
This is a Jew, and this, and this. And so am I.
这是犹太人,还有这位,这位。我也是。
So, what, if anything we have in common?
那么,我们有什么共同之处?
Not the color of our skin,not the languages we speak, the tunes we sing, the food we eat.
不是我们皮肤的颜色,不是我们所讲的语言,我们歌唱的曲调,我们吃的食物。
Not our opinions where we fiercely argued a lot, not even the way we pray,assuming we do.
不是我们强烈认为很多的意见,,甚至不是我们祷告的方式,我们所做的假设。
What ties us together is a story, a story catching our heads and hearts, a story of suffering and resilience, endurance and creativity.
将我们联系在一起的是一个故事,一个使我们使我们身心为之动容的故事,一个充满痛苦和恢复力,耐力和创造力的故事。
It's the story that make me want tobe in the story in the first place,
这是故事中的故事,让我想首先辗转反侧,
for I understood but I was quite small that there were two special things about the Jews,that we had endured over 3,000 years in spite of everything that has been thrown at us,
因为我明白了,但是我仍然非常渺小,因为两个犹太人的特殊事情,我们已经经历了3000多年,尽管诸事已经抛给我们的,
and that we had extraordinary dramatic stories to tell and somehow that these two things were connected that we told our story to survive.
我们有着戏剧性的故事,在某种程度上,这两个事物联系在了一起我们告诉我们的故事才能生存。
We are our story.
我们就是我们自己的故事。