Next day Glumdalclitch came to me in tears.
第二天葛兰达克利赤满面泪痕地来到我跟前。
You'll never guess what's happened!’she told me sadly.
你绝不会猜到发生了什么事!”她哀伤地对我说。
Our neighbour has advised Father to show you to people,for money!
我们的邻居建议父亲把你拿去展出,为了钱!
Father's going to take you to market tomorrow,where there'll be crowds of people ready to pay for entertainment!
父亲明天将把你带到市场上,那儿有成群的人愿意掏钱取乐!
I'm so ashamed!And perhaps you'll get hurt!Other people won't be as careful with you as I am!
这太可耻了!而且你可能会受伤!别的人可没有我对你那样小心!”
Don't worry,Glumdalclitch.I replied.
不要担心,葛兰达克利赤,我回答说,
As I'm a stranger here,I don't mind being shown to people like a strange wild animal.
由于我在这儿是个生人,我不介意像个稀奇的野生动物那样展出。
I must do what your father wants.
我必须按你父亲所想的去做。
I was secretly hoping I would one day find a way of escaping and returning to my own country.
我暗地里希望有朝一日能找到逃跑的路回到我自己的国家。
So the next day my master and his daughter got on their huge horse.
这样第二天我的主人和他的女儿骑上了他们庞大的马。
Glumdalclitch carried me inside a small box,which had airholes so that I could breathe.
葛兰达克利赤用一个小盒子带着我,上面有透气孔以便我呼吸。
When we arrived at the market town,my master hired the largest room in the public house,and placed me upon the table there.
我们到达市镇后,主人在客栈包了个最大的房间,把我放在那儿的桌子上,
His daughter stayed close to me to make sure that nobody hurt me.
他的女儿站得离我很近,以保证没人伤着我。
I was told to speak in their language,pull out my sword,drink from a cup,and do other things to amuse the crowd.
我受命用他们的语言说话,拔出我的剑,用杯子喝,以及做其他一些事来逗乐围观的人。
Only thirty people were allowed in to see me at one time.
每次只让30个人进去看我。
On that first day everybody wanted to see me,and I was shown to over three hundred and fifty people.
第一天每个人都想看我,我被展给了350多人看。
关于《格列佛游记》
格列佛得到许可前往参观拉格多大科学院—科学院概况—教授们所研究的学术。