Now I shall return to my adventures in Lilliput.
现在我再回来讲我在利力浦特的经历。
About two weeks after my first visit to the capital,I was visited by one of the King s most important officials.
大约在我参观都城两周后,国王的一个最重要的官员来访问我。
His name was Reldresal,and he had helped me many times since I had arrived in Lil-liput.
他的名子叫瑞颛沙,自从我来到利力浦特他已经帮了我许多次忙。
I started the conversation.I'm so glad they've taken away my chains,I told him.
我首先开口谈话。我很高兴他们已经拿掉了我的锁链。我对他说。
Well, my friend,he answered,let me tell you some-thing.You're only free because the King knows we're in a very dangerous situation.
嗯,朋友,他回答说,让我告诉你,你之所以获释,是因为国王知道我们正处于险境中。
Dangerous?I cried.What do you mean?
险境?我大声问,这是什么意思?
Lilliput has enemies at home and abroad,he explained.
利力浦特在国内外都有敌人,他解释说,
For six years now we've had two political groups,the High-Heels and the Low-Heels.
我们有两个政治集团,高跟派和低跟派,已经有六年了。高跟派也许过去比较受欢迎,
Perhaps the High-Heels were more popular in the past,but as you can see,our present King and all bis officials wear the lowest heels.
可是你看得出来,现在的国王和所有的官员都穿最低的跟。
The two groups hate each other,and a High-Heel will refuse to speak to a Low-Heel.
两个集团相互仇视,高跟派人会拒绝与低跟派人说话。
That's the problem in Lilliput.
那就是利力浦特的问题。
Now,we're getting in-formation that the people of Blefuscu are going to attack us.
现在,我们得到消息说不来夫斯古的人即将进攻我们。
Have you heard of Blefuscu?It's an island very near us,almost as large and important as Lilliput.
你听说过不来夫斯古没有?那是一个非常靠近我们的岛屿,几乎和利力浦特一样大一样重要。
They've been at war with us for three years,you see.
他们和我们已经打了三年的仗。
But how did this war start?I asked.
可是仗是怎么打起来的?我问。
关于《格列佛游记》
于利立浦特首都密尔敦多以及皇宫的描写—格列佛与一位大臣谈帝国大事—格列佛表示愿为皇帝效劳对敌作战。