A Day in the Life of a Collage Student
一个大学生的生活中的一天
Situation1: Waking Up Late
场景1:起床晚点
(Charles and Mike are roommates in a collage dormitory.
(charles和Mike是一个大学宿舍的同伴
Mike, don't you have a class at noon?
Mike,难道你中午没有课吗?
Huh?
嗯?
I said it's eleven forty-two and you have a history class at twelve.
我说现在是十一点四十二,你十二点还有一节历史课。
What? Eleven forty-two? Why didn't you wake me up earlier?
什么?十一点四十二?你为什么不早点叫我起床?
Because I'm not your mother.
因为我不是你的妈妈。
And because, if you must know, I had an English literature class until eleven.
还因为,你必须得知道,我十一点钟还在上英语文学课。
(Crawling out of bed.) Yeah, whatever.
从床上爬起来。)是,无论怎样。
It's my fault anyway; I shouldn't be out drinking till three a.m. when I have class the next morning.
就算都是我的错;当我第二天有课的时候我不应该出去喝酒直到三点钟
Oh, you finally figured that out, huh?
噢,你终于指出来了,恩?
By the way, that's exactly what you said last Thursday morning when you got up late.
顺便说一下,那确实是你上个星期四早上起晚了是说的话
you're hopeless.
你无可救药了。
I thought we decided that you weren't my mother.
我想你不是我妈。
Are you finished with your lecture?
你完成了你的演讲了吗?
Yes, and you are going to be late for yours if you're not careful.
完成了,如果你还不注意的话,你就要迟到了。
It's already eleven fifty-three.
已经十一点五十三分了
Eleven fifty-three!? Quit talking to me or I'll never ge ready.
十一点五十三分!?不要再跟我说话,否则我不能准备好。
Have you seen my American history textbook?
你看见我的美国历史课本了吗?
I asked you a question!
我在问你问题!
I thought you told me to quit talking to you, something about making you late.
你要我不跟你说话,那样会让你迟到的。
Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Where's the book?
好,好,对不起,我的书在哪?
It's right over there on your desk.
就在你右边的桌子上。
(Grabbing the book and running for the door.) You bastard.
(抓起书跑出门。)你这个坏家伙
You're welcome.
感谢