Don:I have the weirdest looking mole under my arm.
唐:我的胳膊下面有个看起来非常奇怪的痣。
Yael:Hold it. Put that arm back down.
雅艾尔:别动。把胳膊放下来吧。
I don't want to see your weird mole.
我不想看到你那奇葩的痣。
Why don't you just tell me what's weird about it?
你为什么不告诉我究竟哪里不对劲呢?
DON:Well, it's not a round dot like my other moles, but more like a flesh-colored raisin.
唐:嗯, 这不像我其他的小圆点痣,倒更像一个肉色的葡萄干。
The way it's attached to my skin, it stretches outward like a tiny appendage.
它附加在我的皮肤上, 像个小附属物般向外延伸。
YAEL:It sounds like you're talking about a skin tag, not a mole.
雅艾尔:听起来你是在谈论皮赘,而不是痣。
It's a common mistake to confuse the two.
这是很容易将二者混淆的常见错误。
The scientific term for a skin tag is acrochordon, and it's simply a flesh-colored growth that hangs from the skin by a thin piece of tissue called a stalk.
科学术语称皮赘为软垂疣,它只是被称为蒂样细组织的一种肉色增长附着在皮肤表面。
They're more common as people age, especially in women.
随着人们年龄的增长更为常见,特别是对于女性而言。
DON:What causes it?
唐:是什么造成的呢?
YAEL:What causes skin tags is unknown, but they do appear more frequently in areas where the skin is rubbed by clothing or by other body parts, such as in creases like your underarm.
雅艾尔:什么引发皮赘仍未可知,但往往多出现在由衣服或身体其他摩擦部位的皮肤处,比如你的腋下。
They also tend to appear in hot, moist places such as under the breasts, between the thighs, or around the genitals.
它们也倾向于出现在如胸部,大腿之间,生殖器周围等燥热,潮湿的地方。
DON:Please tell me I don't have to get these things checked for cancer like I do with my moles.
唐:请告诉我,我是不是需要像对待自己的痣一样用这些东西来检查癌症。
YAEL:I have good news and bad news.
雅艾尔:有好消息和坏消息。
DON:Give me the good news.
唐:先听好消息。
YAEL:Skin tags are never cancerous.
雅艾尔:皮赘从不癌变。
DON:That is good news. But then, I can't imagine what the bad news is.
唐:这是好消息。那我想象不出还有什么是坏消息。
YAEL:Because people so often confuse moles for skin tags, you should monitor them just as you do your moles.
雅艾尔:因为人们经常将痣和皮赘混淆,你就应该关注它们,就像你对皮赘所做的一样。
If you notice changes or anything that would be suspicious in a mole, you should have your doctor check it.
如果你注意到变化或任何可疑,你应该马上去看医生。