Situation 3: Band Practice
场景 3: 乐队排练
(Kevin's gets in his car and drives his friend Barry's house where their band practice.)
(凯文进入车里开到他们乐队排练的地方,巴瑞的家.)
What's up, Kev?
怎么了,凯文?
Nothing. Whats up with you, Barry?
没什么.你怎么了,巴瑞?
The other guys said they will be late,
其他人说他们会晚点来,
so we'll start practicing in few minues.
所以我们过一会儿开始练.
Cool. I wanted to talk to you anyway.
好的.我想和你谈谈.
Sure. What do you want to talk about?
当然.你想和我谈什么?
It's my parents.
是我的父母.
They're nice but they try to protect me too much.
他们很好但是他们想过分的保护我.
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Can you give me an example?
你能举个例子吗?
Yeah, like tonight.
是的,就像今晚.
They want me to come home by twelve-thirty even though they know there's a party.
尽管他们知道有晚会他们也要我12:30回家.
What do you think about that?
你怎么想呢?
I am not sure.
我不知道.
My parents let me come home whenever I want.
我父母说我什么时候想回家都行.
That's fun,
很好,
but sometimes I think they don't care about me.
但是有时我觉得他们不是很关心我.
Your parents are strict, but they really love you.
你的父母很严格,但是他们真的很爱你.
Yeah, that's true.
是的,那是.
But still, I'm not a baby anymore.
但是,我不再是一个小孩.
I have a car and a girlfriend and everything.
我有车,有女朋友,还有一切.
But Kevin, your parents bought you that car.
但是凯文,是你父母给你买的车.
And they bought you your guitar, too.
他们也给你买了吉他.
I don't have a car
我没有车,
and I had to work at a part-time job to buy my own drums.
而且我还要做兼职买我的鼓.
I guess you are right.
我想你是对的.
My parents do a lot for me.
我父母为我做了许多.
I should be thankful.
我应该感谢他们.
Yes,
是的,
and since you have a car, can I get a ride to the party tonight?
既然你有车,今晚去晚会我能搭你的车吗?
Yes, but like I said,
是的,但是就像我说的,
I have to be home by twelve-thirty.
我必须在12:30回家.
That is kind of early.
那时很早.
Maybe I will get a ride there with you and a ride back with someone else.
也许我能搭你的车去,然后再坐别人的车回来.
See, you're so lucky.
瞧,你很幸运.
You can stay out as late as you want.
你想呆多久都可以.
Okay, okay. I will go home with you too.
好吧,好吧.我和你一起回家.
That's why you're my best friend.
那就是为什么你是我最好的朋友.