I shall ask young Laurence to come,and well have some fun with her afterwards.
我会请小劳伦斯来,然后我们再跟她逗趣。
Meg tried to forget what shed heard,but could not.
麦格试图忘记她所听到的话,可是不行。
The gossip made her angry,and she was glad when the party was over and she was alone in her bed.
那些闲言碎语使她很生气,所以晚会结束、她独自躺到床上时她很不高兴。
She cried quietly to herself.Why did people have to say those things?
她静静地哭了。人们为什么要那么说呢?
She and Laurie were just friends,but now that friendship felt damaged by the unkind gossip.
她和罗瑞只是朋友,现在那份友谊像是要被那些不友好的闲话毁了。
The next day,Miss Belle said,Meg,dear,weve sent an invitation to your friend,Mr Laurence,for Thursday.
第二天,白拉小姐说:麦格,亲爱的,我们给你的朋友劳伦斯先生发了份邀请,请他参加星期四的舞会。
Meg pretended to misunderstand.Youre very kind,but Im afraid he wont come.
麦格假装误会了:你们真好,可我想他不会来的。
He's nearly seventy.
他都快70岁了。
Miss Belle laughed.I mean the young man.
白拉小姐笑了。我是说那个年轻的先生。
There isnt one,said Meg.Laurie is only a boy.
没有年轻的先生,麦格说,劳瑞还是个孩子。
Isnt he about your age?said Clara.
他不是和你差不多大吗?克拉拉问。
Nearer Jos,said Meg.Im seventeen in August.
他离琼更近些。麦格说。我八月份就17岁了。
Its nice of him to send you flowers,said Annie.
他送你花真好,安妮说。
He often does,to all of us,said Meg.My mother and old Mr Laurence are friends,you know.
他经常这样,给我们大家都送,麦格说。你们知道,我妈妈和老劳伦斯先生是朋友。
关于《小妇人》
作者一八三二年生于美国宾夕法尼亚的一个贫寒家庭。父亲A·布朗生·奥尔科特是一个不得志的哲学家和教育家,他立志办学,但缺乏支持者,以失败告终。