Keke Funny Moment
可可轻松一刻
Reminder
催 单
In the veterinary office where I'm a technician,
我是一家兽医站的技师。
we mail out reminders when pets are due for vaccinations.
当动物到了该注射疫苗的时候,我们就寄出催单。
Bruno, a German shepherd, arrived for his annual rabies shot,
一条德国物质牧羊犬布鲁诺来做每年一次的狂犬疫苗注射。
and we were required by state law to ask his owner if Bruno had bitten anyone in the last ten days.
我们依照州法律的要求询问他的主人,在过去的十天里布鲁诺是否咬了什么人。
"Oh yes, in fact that's why we're here," she replied.
“噢,是的。事实上这正是我们到这儿来的原因,”她回答说。
Surprised, I told her we assumed they'd come in because of our reminder.
我觉得奇怪,告诉她我们以为他们是因为收到了我们的催单才来的。
"We did," she explained. "Bruno bit the mail carrier who was delivering your card."
“的确如此,”她解释道。“布鲁诺咬了给你们送催单的邮递员。”
Notes:
1.reminder
n. 令人回忆起…的东西;提醒…的东西;(告知该做某事的)通知单;提示信
eg.
a reminder slip
催询单
a reminder tray
意见箱
a gentle reminder
暗示
2.due for
应有,应得到
eg.
I am due for an increase in pay soon.
我马上就要增加工资了。
本节目可可原创节目,未经允许请勿转载。