My Dad became a professor at uh... Michigan State,
我的父亲后来成了···密歇根州立大学的教授,
and I was an incredibly lucky boy.
我是一个非常幸运的孩子。
A professor’s life is pretty flexible,
教授的生活安排是非常有弹性的,
and he was able to spend oodles of time raising me.
父亲能有大量的时间来培养我。
Could there be a better upbringing than university brat?
还有比大学校园更适合培养孩子的地方吗?
What I’m tryingto tell you, this is WAY more than a homecoming for me.
我想告诉大家的是,来这儿对我的意义绝对不仅仅是重回旧地。
It’s not easy for me to express how proud I am to be here, with my Mom, my brother and my wife Lucy,
我是多么的自豪能与我的妈妈、哥哥、露西
and with all of you, at this amazing institution that is responsible for my very existence.
还有你们大家齐聚这里,这个见证了我成长的时候神奇地方。
I am thrilled for all of you,
我为你们感到骄傲,
and I’m thrilled for your families and friends,
为你的亲朋好友感到骄傲,
as all of us join the great, big Michigan family I feel I’ve been a part of all of my life.
我们都加入了伟大的、我一直视为生命一部分的密歇根大家庭。
What I’m also trying to tell you is that I know exactly what it feels like to be sitting in your seat,
我还想说,我很清楚你们坐在座椅上
listening to some old gasbag give a long-winded commencement speech.
听一个老家伙在毕业典礼上长篇大论的感受。
Don’t worry.
不要着急。
I'll be brief.
我会简短地说。
I have a story about dreams.
我有一个追梦的故事,
Or maybe more accurately, it’s a story about finding a path to make those dreams real.
或者更确切地说,这是一个找到梦想成真之路的故事。
You know what it’s like to wake up in the middle of the night with a vivid dream?
你们知道,午夜从一个逼真的梦境中醒来是什么感觉吗?
And you know how, if you don’t have a pencil and pad by the bed, it will be completely gone by the next morning?
你们知道如果床边没有纸笔,而第二天一早就忘个精光又会怎样吗?