Like my friend Warren Buffet,
就像我的朋友沃伦·布非一样,
I feel particularly lucky to do something every day that I love to do.
我为每天都能做自己热爱的事情而感到无比幸运。
He calls it "tap-dancing to work."
他称之为“踢踏舞工作”。
My job at Microsoft is as challenging as ever,
我在微软的工作永远充满挑战,
but what makes me "tap-dance to work" is when we show people something new,
但使我一直坚持“踢踏舞工作”的是我们向人们展示某些新成果的那些时刻,
like a computer that can recognize your handwriting or your speech, or one that can store a lifetime's worth of photos,
当他们看到计算机能辨认笔迹、语音或者能存储值得保留一辈子的照片时
and they say, "I didn't know you could do that with a PC!"
就会赞不绝口:“我不敢相信个人电脑竟如此万能”。
But for all the cool things that a person can do with a PC,
但是,除了能用电脑做出很酷的事情之外,
there are lots of other ways we can put our creativity and intelligence to work to improve our world.
我们还能通过许多别的方式在工作中发挥自己的创造力和聪明才智,以改善我们的世界。
There are still far too many people in the world whose most basic needs go unmet.
全球仍有许许多多的人连最基本的生存需求都未能解决。
Every year, for example, millions of people die from diseases that are easy to prevent or treat in the developed world.
举例来说,每年仍有数以万计的人死于那些在发达国家易于预防和治疗的疾病。
I believe that my own good fortune brings with it a responsibility to give back to the world.
我认为,我所拥有的大量财富也使我负有回馈社会的责任。
My wife, Melinda, and I have committed to improving health and education in a way that can help as many people as possible.
我的妻子梅林达和我致力于为尽可能多的人改善健康和教育.
As a father, I believe that the death of a child in Africa is no less poignant or tragic than the death of a child anywhere else.
作为一个父亲,我认为,非洲孩子死去所引起的痛苦和悲伤丝毫不亚于任何其他的孩子的死亡;
And that it doesn't take much to make an immense difference in these children's lives.
我认为,使这些孩子们的命运发生翻天地覆的变化并不费太大力气。
I'm still very much an optimist,
我仍是一个坚定的乐观主义者,
and I believe that progress on even the world's toughest problems is possible -- and it's happening every day.
我坚信即使世界级难题取得进展都是有可能的——其实每天也都在发生着这种事情。
We're seeing new drugs for deadly diseases, new diagnostic tools,
我们看到治疗致命疾病的新药、新的诊断器械不断出现,
and new attention paid to the health problems in the developing world.
而且,发展中国家的健康问题进入了人们的视野并日益得到重视。
I'm excited by the possibilities I see for medicine, for education and, of course, for technology.
我为医药、教育,当然还有技术发展的诸多前景而欢欣鼓舞。
And I believe that through our natural inventiveness, creativity and willingness to solve tough problems,
我相信,凭借人类与生俱来的发明创造能力和不畏艰难、坚忍不拔的品格,
we're going to make some amazing achievements in all these areas in my lifetime
在我的有生之年里我们将在所有这些领域都创造出可喜的成就。