The next step is to understand the link between your expectations and your frustration level.
第二步是要了解你的期望和挫折感水平之间的联系。
Whenever you expect something to be a certain way and it isn't,
当你期待某件事以特定方式发生而事实并非如此,
you are upset and you suffer. On the other hand, when you let go of your expectations,
你会不安和痛苦。相反,当你不去想太多你的期望,
when you accept life as it is, you are free.
当你接受生活就是这样,你会自由自在。
To hold on is to be serious and uptight. To let go is to lighten up.
紧紧抓住会严肃和焦虑,而放手就心情轻松愉快。
A good exercise is to try to approach a single day without expectations.
一个很好的锻炼方法是尝试没有预期的一天。
Don't expect people to be friendly. When they're not,
不要指望别人对你友好,当他们不是,
you won't be surprised or bothered. If they are, you will be delighted.
你不会惊讶或烦恼。如果他们是,你将会很高兴。
Don't expect your day to be problem free. Instead,
不要指望你的一天是没有问题的。相反地,
as problems come up, remind yourself, "Ah, another hurdle to overcome."
当问题出现了,提醒自己:“啊,这只是另一个需要克服的障碍。”
As you approach your day in this manner you will notice how beautiful life can be.
当你用这种方式来度过你的一天,你会发现生活可以如此美丽。
Rather than fighting against life, you will be dancing with it.
你会跟着生活翩翩起舞,而不是与生活对抗。
Pretty soon, with practice, you will lighten up your entire life.
通过练习,你很快就会能让自己的生活焕发新光彩。
And when you lighten up, life is a lot more fun.
当你放松,生活会更加有趣。