"The chemicals that are in the watermelon rind work much like Viagra.
西瓜果皮里的化学物质就像伟哥。
Oh, rollick!
哦,太有趣了 !
Give me two more. "
再给我两个。”
Just a week after the annual Watermelon Thump celebration in Luling, there's something new that watermelon growers can hang their hat on.
只是一年一度的西瓜庆典一个礼拜后,还有新的东西,西瓜种植者可以为其感到自豪了。
The rind on watermelons has some of the same effects as Viagra.
西瓜果皮有一些物质和伟哥具有同样的效果。
Really?
真的吗?
Yes.
是的。
Really?
真的吗?
Ha ha ha
哈哈哈
Well give me another one.
再告诉我多一点。
I'll get some more.
我会再详细了解的。
Hah……
哈……
The director of Texas A&M's Fruit and Vegetable Improvement Center has discovered that watermelons have an ingredient that delivers Viagra-like effects and may even increase libido.
德州水果和蔬菜发展中心的主任发现西瓜有一种成分,可以提供伟哥的效果,会增加性欲。
Maybe you need to raise the price.I don't get used to it.
也许你需要提高价格。我还有点不习惯。
Ha ha ha
哈哈哈
There is a catch. The phyto-nutrient called citrulline that relaxes the blood vessels is found in the highest concentrations in the part you generally don't eat, the watermelon rind.
有一点需要注意的是,在这瓜皮的部分中发现了大量的一种称为瓜氨酸的物质,它能疏松血管,而你一般不吃西瓜的外皮。
Would it take like a whole watermelon rind to eat to do any good, I mean you might get yourself sick before you get yourself any help.
一个整体西瓜外果皮有很多好处,我的意思是,你可能就会在自己生病前就从瓜皮里面得到帮助。
Have you ever eaten the rind?
你吃过瓜皮吗?
No, but I must start right now.
没有,但是我现在必须开始。
Rinds are used in watermelon pickles and they are Kelly Allen's specialty.
瓜皮可以用于烹调西瓜泡菜而这是凯莉•艾伦的专长。
My husband loves these, I don't know if it's because he eats these or not, but he dosen't have a problem.
我丈夫喜欢这些,我不知道这是否是因为他吃这些,但他没有问题。
Neither does Hoyt Alford, according to his girl friend, Lois.
休伊特•阿尔弗德也没事,按照他的女友露易丝的说法。
I don't know that you need them.
我不知道你需要它们。
Oh, thank you. That's a compliment, isn't it?
噢,谢谢你。那是一种称赞,不是吗?
Scientists are working to breed watermelons with higher concentrations of citrulline in the flesh, which may change Luling's image from being known for watermelons to something else.
科学家正在努力使西瓜的品种果肉中含有高浓度的瓜氨酸,这可能会改变西瓜的形象,以免用到别的事情上去。
It might be a new aspect to our watermelon growing, I can tell you that, No pun intended, but, you know, but...
它可能是我们的西瓜生长一个新的方面,我可以告诉你们,没有双关,但是,你知道,但是……
注:听力文本来源于普特