We were all working our way up call sheets to sign clients.
我们都从清单底下开始打电话
From the bottom to the top.
从低层人员到高级主管
From the doorman to the CEO.
从门房到执行长
They’d stay till 7, but I had Christopher.
大家都待到七点,我得去接小克
I had to do in six hours what they do in nine.
必须在六小时内尽量打电话
Good afternoon, my name is Chris Gardner. I’m calling from Dean Witter.
午安,我是添惠证券的克里斯
In order not to waste any time, I wasn’t hanging up the phone in between calls.
为了不浪费时间,我都不挂电话
I realized that by not hanging up the phone, I gained another eight minutes a day.
这样一来我每天就多出八分钟.
I wasn’t drinking water,so I didn’t waste any time in the bathroom.
我也尽量不喝水,这样就不必上厕所
Yes, I’d love to have the opportunity..
是的,我很想趁这机会
But even doing all this...after two months, I still didn’t have time to work my way up a sheet.
但是就算这样……两个月后还是没什么进展