詹姆斯·爱德华多·弗兰科在2001年凭借在电影《詹姆斯甸》(James Dean)的表现获得了金球奖的最佳男主角奖。弗兰科在2002年出演了《蜘蛛侠》中的哈利?奥斯本一角,并因此声名大噪。其后弗兰科又继续出演了《蜘蛛侠2》和《蜘蛛侠3》。2008年弗兰科出演了《菠萝特快》(Pineapple Express)一片,并凭借此片获得了金球奖提名,同年亦在《米尔克》中饰演哈维?米尔克的情人斯科特·史密斯(Scott Smith)。他在26岁时被《人物》杂志选为世界上最美的五十人之一。本期做客的他要和我们谈谈“猿王”……
-Now, let's talk about this movie. It's the “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”?
现在,让我们谈谈这部电影。它是人猿星球的崛起?
-Yes.
是的。
-And it works just fit in the history of the Planet of the Apes movie. Is this like a prequel.
它很符合人猿星球电影的历史。这就像一部前传。
-Yeah.
是的。
-Is it? Oh, it's a prequel.
是吗?哦,这是一部前传。
-It is a prequel. Yeah.
这是一部前传。太棒了。
-Does this tell you how we got to the planet of the apes?
这部电影为你讲述我们是怎样到达人猿星球的吗?
-Yeah, exactly, the first, the 1968 film is actually supposed to be in the future.
-是的,就是这样。第一部,在1968年的电影其实应该是在未来。
恩。
-And so this is how earth got taken over by the apes, or at least...
这就是地球如何被猿类占据,或者至少…
-I mean, there are actually apes in the movie. Did you work with apes in the movie?
我的意思是,其实电影里还有猿类。拍电影时你与猿一起工作?
-I didn't work with any real chimpanzees. I worked for with the amazing performer named Andy Serkis who play Gollum in the “Lord of the Ring”s and actually played King Kong in that, in the Peter Jackson's film. And he plays Caesar that leads chimpanzee through a process called “performer's capture”, and it , actually, you now, it sounds like that all the CG work, you know a lot of actress think it's the debt of acting, but now technologies come around for circle, so that you can actually just get to old fashion, kind of two performers opposite, opposite to each other, can actually look at each other, and we do all the scenes and then afterwards they put the effects on him and make him look like a chimpanzee.
我没有任何真正的与黑猩猩一起工作。我曾与知名演员安迪?瑟金斯一起工作,他曾经在《指环王》中扮演咕噜姆而且还在导演彼得?杰克逊的电影中饰演金刚,。他饰演凯撒带领黑猩猩穿的过程叫做“表演者的捕捉”,实际上,你现在,这听起来像所有的CG工作,你知道很多演员抱怨这种表演,但现在的技术使一切成为可能。这样你可以把旧的时尚,两种演员相反,互相对立,能够互相看着对方,我们所做的一切都是幕后。所以,他们特效的让他看起来像一只真正的黑猩猩。
-Interesting.
非常有趣。
-Yeah.
是的,这非常有趣。
-It has come to a circle again.
这再次进入了一种另外的领域。
-Yeah, I mean.
恩,我的意思就是这样。
-You are right.
你是对的。
-It's great.
这太棒了。
-You don't have to act tennis balls.
你甚至不用扮演网球。
-No, all right, so we are gonna take a look at the scene here from the Planet of the Apes, Rise of the Planet of the Apes? (Great) So the planet of the apes. So its from James Franco, take a look.
-不,好吧,我们要在这里看看人猿星球,人猿星球的崛起?人猿星球,它来自詹姆士?佛朗哥,看一看。
-I see what you mean now.
我明白你的意思了。
-Yeah, it's a prequel, so...
是的,它是一部前传,所以…
-It's actually one on one, you are really there with the actor.
其实。。。你是真正的演员。
-What did he have in the end, look like smoke a bond.
他在结尾怎么了,看起来像一团烟雾一样。
-Then they add the effects, I don't know what he was doing. It's your movie, for god's sakes, James.
接着他们增加特效,我不知道他在做什么。这是你的电影,在上帝的份上,詹姆斯。
-Interesting.
这太有趣了。
词语解释:
1. prequel n. 前传
2. perform v.表演
3. effects n. 效果